Rescue puppy

Thread: Rescue puppy

DefaultRescue puppy

Ok as you know hamilton is coming home sunday, he is very shy at first i am told. If there is any helpful information you can give me on how to help him be less shy and make his getting comfortable with us come more quickly i would appreciate it tons.* I know we will be totally in love with him* :-*and at the same time we will be very sad about buddy. Poor lil man! :'(

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Rescue puppy

I would let Ham experience your household at his own rate, without you making huge concessions for him other than for potty issues and safety issues. In other words, I would not be tippy-toeing around and Sssshing the family because it might bother/scare/intimidate Ham.

I would do my best to assure him that he's safe, but I'd also let the dishwasher run, the phone ring, the TV play, etc. etc. If he goes scampering off to his crate all day long, fine. Let him go. If he's curious enough to investigate, PRAISE him!!

Don't Mollycoddle. You'll regret it later when these little fears become HUGE fears.

DefaultRe: Rescue puppy

I agree with DWECK let him go at his own pace and he will warm up to you guys maybe go for a nice walk before bringing him straight in the house that way he will get a little use to you before he goes in a completely new place and he will not* feel so overwhelmed and he will feel good from that nice walk you just went on
    (maybe it will be easy if it's one at a time instead of all at once)

just my thoughts

But still go about your daily routine you don't want to end up with him scared of* things/sounds in your home because you tippy-toe around him

GOOD LUCK*

I STILL CANT BELIEVE POOR LITTLE BUDDY'S STORY JUST MAKES YOU WANT TO CRY* :'(