Not pooping on wet grass

Thread: Not pooping on wet grass

DefaultNot pooping on wet grass

Any of you had this problem with your pups, and if so how did you break it? Buddy will go out and as soon as he steps in the wet grass he gets right back on the porch. Then he won't go so I bring him inside only for him to go under our dinning room table. He is also trying to hide from me when he poops now is there anything to that? Still have those new pup questions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Not pooping on wet grass

Go out there with him and stay until he goes. As far as him hiding from you...how are you crrecting him when he goes in the house?

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Take him out on a lead and walk him around your yard. He'll get used to wet grass eventually. Offer him lots of praise when he goes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I had the same problem with Petals at first. I have a little back yard and she wouldn't step outside when it was raining, so I had to get an umbrella and walk out there with her. Now I like it when it rains because she has a purpose and goes right away and runs back in.

I went out in the grass with him this morning and all he did was dig and flop in the grass and I kept picking him up and putting him in a poop area and nothing. If he hides and poops chances are we do not find it until later and we show it to him and t hen take him out. The past two nights he has even gone in his crate which there is no room for so he ends up getting in it. I have not heard him cry though. I took this task of having a puppy on and have to get it down somehow. My wife always got up with our little one so she said it is my turn. I think I am just going to hire one of my customers who does Bark Busters to come out and trai Buddy.

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

What do you mean you "show" it to him? Unless you actually catch your puppy IN THE ACT, there is nothing you can do that your puppy will understand.

Have you tried writing down a schedule of when your puppy poops everyday? If you are feeding on a strict schedule, your puppy will most likely poop at the same time each day and you can "predict" when he/she will need to go out.

What do you mean you are going to have someone come out and "train" him? You, as the owner, need to train him because you are the one that is with him all the time. He may learn to follow the directions of the trainer but not you unless you are involved in the process. I guess I don't understand how a trainer is going to train your puppy to poop outside unless he/she comes to live with you for a week.
    ~Lindsay

Dani is offline Senior Member

When you go out with him, leash him and tell him to "go potty" Don't let him play, don't let him dig, he's only out there for one thing to do his business.

When you are in the house and he doesn't go, crate him. You do not let your puppy roam unsupervised. YOu should have "showed yourself" his poop because it's your fault he went in the house.

Puppies need to go outside frequently.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003