Constant Barking

Thread: Constant Barking

DefaultConstant Barking

Lizzie, 7 months has just started to bark constantly whilst in the garden, every little noise starts her off, it is driving us (and I am sure the neighbours) mad. *She has always spent alot of time in the garden playing and is used to the noises she rarely barked, I think she is scared as the hair on her back is raised and sometimes she runs indoors fast. Have tried the "Quiet" comand, "No bark" comand to no avail. *She will then also ignore me when I ask her to come, and continue her barking. *Please advise as I am worried she will become a constant barker (like the dog I grew up with). *

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Constant Barking

She sounds bored...is she in the garden by herself? How much exercise does she get?

She actually gets alot of excercise, It did cross my mind that she may be bored, but I think its fear related as the hair on her back is standing up (please correct me if I'm wrong..)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Might be fear. At 7 months, a lot of dogs endure a fear stage, where the world is constantly coming to an end and even the most everday things become EVIL!

Do NOT play into the fear. Divert attention toward some acceptable activity like a WATCH ME or a DOWN-STAY or something. If nothing else, SETTLE or QUIET or NO BARK should work.