Kiddie Pool
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiddie Pool

DefaultKiddie Pool

At what age do you recommend for us to get a kiddie pool for Gabby. She's 11 weeks and I want to make sure she does it at the appropriate age.

We went to vet's today and she's doing very well.

About how many toys do you have? We have about 6 different toys lying around the living room and kitchen and 2 outside the house. This is not including bones. Is that too much or too little?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Kiddie Pool

It's not too early for a baby pool. We had our when we brought Sami home and she used it within the first week. Plus our breeder had her in a baby pool too.

Can't say about the toys ... but I will tell you that we have WAY more than 6. Probably 50 total -- but MANY of the toys are stuffed animals.

I would say go for the pool as well just watch her when she's in there.

I couldn't tell you how many toys Mocha has but let's just say it looks like I have a house full of messy kids and we don't have any yet. I try to rotate her toys by putting some away and getting others out occasionally to keep her interested in them so I don't have to constantly buy new ones.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I have gotten the baby pool for Petals, but all she likes to do right now is drink from it. She loves to put her paw in her water bowl but she doesn't like to go in the pool. A couple of times we have put her in the pool and all she does is slowly steps out and then runs around like a crazy dog to dry up.

This is not new to me because my last lab was the same way at first but eventually turned into a scuba diver

We provide Allie with TONS of toys.

I'd say she has:

1 football
    3 squeeker toys
    3 tennis balls
    1 water dummy
    3 rawhides

Any time she thinks of attacking our furniture, I want her to see a toy first. Allie has never touched the furniture because toys are everywhere...

From time to time we put them back in the toy box, but shes really good about dragging each one out again and leaving it somewhere...Now that she is older, we have cut back alittle, it use to be 10 times worse! But like I said, she never touched the furniture.

I want to get her in there, but with summer, all the fleas that might come out, I think that maybe her being in water so much, she will wash off the advantage.

We dont have an issue with Allie and her advantage. She is in the water at least twice a week.

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Aren't most flea protectants waterproof? We use Frontline, and I know that's waterproof.

labby is offline Senior Member

my pups are in the pool early

as to how many toys? too numerous to count

Laura

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

Bailey got her pool very early, and she's in it just about every day. Loved to walk around and splash and jump up and bite the water. Ducked her head under looking for toys. She loves to retrieve out of the pool. But just this weekend with my daughter's dog here, she's started laying down in the pool and rolling over on her back. I say go for it.

We have more toys than my twins had when they were young : I probably should put some up. That's what I did with my kids' toys and they thought they were new everytime I brought them back out. But it's so much fun to watch her go to the crate and dig around for just the right toy for that moment. It's interesting to see what she picks. ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast