A day in the life of Puppy...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A day in the life of Puppy...

DefaultA day in the life of Puppy...

I just wanted to post to see what other puppies day's are like while the parents are @ wk...i'm also looking for ways to tire Zoey out as well....we've nick named her "Tyrant"* *

We're going to put her in Puppy day care 1 day/week when she hits 4 months old...April 9th!!!

5:30 AM-wake up w/her take her out side for potty break, work on some training and let her play w/toys
    6 AM- Eat breakfast and go potty again, more training (sit,down, stay, and come)* of course treats are involved in all training* *;D
    6:20 AM- put her in kennel while shower and dress
    7:15 AMish..out side again for last potty break...then back in the puppy play pen w/ toys and a frozen kong
    4:30 ish- my wife gets home and takes Zoey out and feeds her and plays w/her outside till i get home @ 5:30...
    6 PM- We take Zoey on a walk and let her run and play for a bit to tire her out...usuallly like 30 minutes

Now by this time it's about 7PM,* and the wife and I are TIRED!!!* we come home from wk, then immediantly play w/ Zoey b/c she's been in playpen all day , but we don't have any other options now b/c she still a puppy and don't want to leave* her outside....Zoey is tired, but still wants to bite/play a lot...she's also lost 2 baby teeth...so i'm assuming the constant biting is due to her teething...

Any suggestions to tire her out some more....on weekends tiring her out is not a problem b/c we're with her all day and take her out for 2 walks and play with next door neighboor dogs...she takes like 2 long naps during the daylight hours!* *

Oh...forgot to mention, Zoey will be 15 weeks on Monday, and 4 months old-4/9!! yeah!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A day in the life of Puppy...

Do you mean May 9th?

Ender is 15 weeks old now and he LOVES doggy day care once per week... and we LOVE IT 'cause he comes home EXHAUSTED. ;D

We also have a neighbor who works at the university I work at who has a slightly older lab puppy and they play their little hearts out together. Thank heavens for that!!!

~Lindsay

OOOpppss!!!** *

Yeah May 9th!!!!* *

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Just curious.... does Zoey ever make it all day with no potty break? Fortunately I work close enough to home to come home and let Ender out at lunch... I'm very glad of this and he's never had an accident during the day *knocks on wood*
    ~Lindsay

Uhm...no...she's pee's on her news paper...but she's never pooped in there...she goes potty right after she eats, and then right when my wife lets her out when she gets home...
    My wife hates to put her in there all day :'( , but we work to far to get home for lunch...

Yeah.. I can understand... and you are by no means the only puppy parents that have to do that. I really wish we could afford doggy day care EVERY day of the week... or maybe 2-3 times. For right now we'll stick with one though.
    ~Lindsay

We are in the same situation, too far away to come home for lunch. We actually found a young girl to come over during the day. She lets them out, plays with them and then puts them back in the crate. She is much cheaper than day care. Not sure if you have someone you could hire to do this or not, just a suggestion.

When Jack was that age his day went like this and his day still goes a little like this *

5:45/6:00 AM wake up go out for potty break and some play time
    6:30 AM breakfast
    6:45 AM back outside to play and practice commands
    8:30 AM in his kennel while I go to work
    4:30/5:00 PM my husband comes home from work and lets Jack out for potty and playing (some practice of commands)
    5:30 PM dinner and back out for play and command practice.
    6:00 PM we would take a nice walk and play some more in the yard

We work about 35 min away from home and only get 1 hour for lunch

We had class *for puppy k on Friday nights and basic on Thursday nights so that was easy to make him sleepy for those nights ;D

Those nights by 8:00/8:30 he was out like a light * - last potty break was around 10:00/10:30 and off to bed for the night

We just started doggie daycare once week (He is now 10 months old)

I find that now a long walk is good and does the trick for Jack during the week I try to take him 30/45 min in the morning and 45 min at night.

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Can you have a dog walker come over to let Zoey out around lunch time? I have one that I use on occasions when I'm gone from home most of the day. It's not cheap but at least it's some exercise and a chance for your baby to potty. If you can't find a dog walker, you might consider a retired neighbor, a home-schooled child, or even a teenager who could come over after school.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I will face a similar situation when I get mine mid to late July. Once school starts in August I'll be able to come home around 1 or 2 and let my puppy out and play for a bit. This thread is extremely helpful and I am glad to know that I am not the only one who will deal with this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast