More of Gabby

Thread: More of Gabby

DefaultMore of Gabby

New things always come up with Gabby.

Today it rained a lot (for the first time in a long time) here in Houston, and of course Gabby had to go potty. I tried to make her go in the garage, but she would only pee. I could tell that she really wanted me to go with her outside. When I finally decided to go with her, she did her poop. Will this be the case every time she poops while it's raining hard.

After that, she insisted on going out, I'm guessing to play in the rain. I would let her out a couple of times. She would come back in. Wrestle with the towel to get her all dried up, but in a couple of minutes she was ready to go again. I could tell she was maybe pushing the limits a bit. So we played inside for a while until she passed out.

I am really somehow trying to teach her not to chase the cats around the house. They hate it, but I'm hoping this chasing will slow down a bit until they hopefully get used to each other a little more.

Gabby is almost 11 weeks (tomorrow). I think she's losing her puppy fur. Is this about the right time that she does? I can tell she's very soft around her legs and head, but her back has this rough fur on it that I can tell is spreading more and more.

I have donated so much blood thanks to Gabby. Everytime she bites though, is at an attempt to grab one of her toys, so I know she really doesn't mean it (most of the time). But there are times when she just tries to chop away at my arms and hands. I'm still being so consistent in the "no bite" and also walking away after yelping when she really bites hard. Got a little frustrated with her today. She was put in time out for 3 minutes twice. It looks like she does get it, and she acts like she's sorry by coming back with kisses, but a few minutes later, same cycle again.

Here's one of her new pictures....hope all your puppies are doing well.

Two more weeks before puppy class.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: More of Gabby

Awwww.... she's such a cutie.

Ender started loosing his puppy fur about the same time I think. He's still creamy on his underside ... but the top is filling in with the darker coarse coat.

Why don't you want her to go out in the rain?
    ~Lindsay

It was storming outside at the moment. It has actually caused some damage here in houston. www.khou.com they'll show you. I guess she really had to go and wanted me to go along with her.

Here's another one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Awww... what a smile!!! ;D

Oh and I don't know how to help you on the biting thing 'cause Ender never does that. Maybe because he was with littermates til 10 weeks and then spent another 2 weeks with my mom's 4 yr old lab and learned a lot about bite inhibition?
    ~Lindsay

I had the same issue with Petals last night. We had a storm system come thru and she was scared. I had to get an umbrella so i can go out with her. As soon as I stepped outside she did her business and ran back inside. Petals also has 2 cats with her. She has been attacked twice by the male cat and she leaves the female alone or the most part. The male cat is starting to get scared a little more, because Petals is growing everyday.

Gabby's a doll!
    Where are you going to take her to puppy class?

They are water dogs! Of couse, he wants you to out with him. ;D

Gabby will be attending Petsmart Puppy classes.