My baby wants to cry.. a lot.

Thread: My baby wants to cry.. a lot.

DefaultMy baby wants to cry.. a lot.

Everytime I leave my 10 week old puppy in my room and walk out the door, she starts to whimper and cry. I mean, I can't take a freakin' shower without feeling guilty.

Is this normal?

Is this just a phase?

Is it just because she's a baby?

This is my 3rd day having her, and she is doing remarkably well. She knows that she is supposed to pee and poop outside, and every once in a while she'll have an accident because I'm a dumbass and don't pay attention to the signs that she has to go. She's coming along in other aspects of training as well, but she just wants to be with me allll the time.

Is this seperation anxiety?

What do I do? I can't STAND hearing her cry, it breaks my heart.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My baby wants to cry.. a lot.

my pup does/did that too...you just have to ignore it...she will settle down...they just want to be around their person all the time...Buck cried the first time i walked out the door to go to work...but I just ignored it...no coddling no excited/emotional byes or anything...now he doesn't care when I leave...
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Ender did this as well...

What we do is put him in the crate with a kong and a tad bit of peanut butter to keep him busy for a while... with some music on... if he cries... IGNORE until he stops... once he stops he gets praise etc. until we are ready to let him back out.

Now he'll whine a bit... especially if he knows we are in the next room, but quickly settled down though it takes quite a few MOANS and whimpers before he "gives up"
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Man, I love this place.

I really appreciate your guys' replies.

Today I've noticed she isn't as bad as she usually is.

I think she's starting to realize that I'm not leaving forever.

I love her soooo much.

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

I agree with Buckyball, no emotional goodbyes and no emotional hellos. Be very matter of fact, and your pup will, too. Try to keep him out with you when you're home as much as you can, though. He definitely wants to be with you and that way he learns what he can and can't get into.

We don't acknowledge barking or howling or crying at all. It's awfully hard to hear them how, though, isn't it? Breaks your heart. But he will grow out of that as he gets older and gains more confidence in his environment and you.

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

One thing CoCo is great at is going quietly into her crate... *she only barked in there once or twice, when I was in the shower in the morning.... but that was it. *If she's not sleepy, she just sits there, eyes wide open... makes you feel just as guilty when you see her waiting so patiently though, so maybe she does know what she's doing!!
    ~Jo & CoCo

My puppy cries too, you have to remember that if you come to their aid when they cry they will never stop crying. My baby would wimper twice and then settle down. She doesn't cry as much now.