Why do you think puppy is doing this?

Thread: Why do you think puppy is doing this?

DefaultWhy do you think puppy is doing this?

Our 15 week old puppy just started doing this and not sure why.....When we leave her for the day we give her treats and put her in her room....and now ....she doesn't eat them til we get home .(she ate them before...she has only been doing this for about week)...and when we feed her in the morning she doesn't eat unless we are in the room with her..(she just started doing this one....about 2 days..)...She has to be right next to us...Husband and I...when we are at home.if we leave the room then she follows us.....Is this a stage she is going through.....Does anyone know why she would be doing this.... ???....We have not changed anything in her life....

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Why do you think puppy is doing this?

Baileys pretty much like that. Now, she eats her treats in her crate, but she likes us to be around when she eats anything out of her food dish. My daughter has a border collie who is the same way. Won't eat unless they're in the room.

Maybe with yours it's a stage since she hasn't been doing that. Bailey didn't do it when she was real young, but for the last month and a half she's like that.

Mocha is over a year and a half and she sometimes will save her treats until I get home from work. I have put bones in her crate before too and she dosn't touch them until I get home then she devours them.. I wouldn't really worry about it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

I think sometimes they do this (wait to eat til your home) because their limited understanding to time tells them that they MIGHT not get to go out when they need to if they eat - could be wrong tho!

My last lab ZuZu did the same thing. I think it does have something to do with the fact that if they don't think they will be able to get out after they eat they will hold off till they know someo one is around when they do eat. There was a time that my dog only wanted to eat when we were eating. She would wait till we started eating dinner before she would start eating.