Weight of our Pup at 4 months
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight of our Pup at 4 months

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

DefaultWeight of our Pup at 4 months

Well pup went to Vet for his final puppy shots. Found out he's at a weight of 33.5 pounds. So if my calculations are right (per Windycanyon), pup will be around 67 lbs when adult.

Love it!

KAZ

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Also found out about why pup was having soft poo the last couple days. No more cod fish skins as they are too rich. Will keep it plain, no fancy stuff, as pup is getting everything he needs through his kibble.

Right now, BACK ON TRACK! Beautiful poo this morning. No problems this morning with shots as well. Full of P&V, lol.

Healthy pup, Healthy happy owners! Now just need to keep up the training. Showed training is working at the Vet's office. Excited pup but listened so well. Sitting nicely waiting. Did get antsy, but who doesn't when you have to wait 15 minutes after your appointment to be seen. Oh well, know we are on the right track.

Thanks to the breeder, it's amazing when "health checks" and "temperament" are a HUGE key factor when breeding.

KAZ

xracer4844 is offline Senior Member

Sounds awesome - my dog was about the same weight at that age - he is 24" and 68 pounds - very lean.

I can say that my dog still gets antsy...if we are racing agility or even during his search and rescue classes, he sits at my side and just whines watching the other dogs run. He just NEED TO GO. He needs to run. He loves it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Sounds good. I'm just hoping my "shrimp" here stays on course too. Everyone who looks at her thinks she's going to be really little but she's actually a bit ahead of her grandma Mata who is ~54-55# and 21" tall. Mata, btw, was 27# at 4mos according to my records so right on... She's 9.5 yrs old now and still acts like a puppy.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    Sounds good. I'm just hoping my "shrimp" here stays on course too. Everyone who looks at her thinks she's going to be really little but she's actually a bit ahead of her grandma Mata who is ~54-55# and 21" tall. Mata, btw, was 27# at 4mos according to my records so right on... She's 9.5 yrs old now and still acts like a puppy.
    WINDYCANYON - this question is for you. I totally don't mean to hijack your thread kaz, but I don't know where else to ask. Windycanyon, on your website you talk a lot about the supplements you use for your dogs. I haven't done any for my dog, however I feel like maybe I should and I'm missing out. Can you tell me what you reccomend the most, and what works the best etc.

My pup at 8 months weighs in at 70lbs right on the button! At four months he weighed 27.6lbs they grow so fast!

Quote Originally Posted by xracer4844 View Post
    WINDYCANYON - this question is for you. I totally don't mean to hijack your thread kaz, but I don't know where else to ask. Windycanyon, on your website you talk a lot about the supplements you use for your dogs. I haven't done any for my dog, however I feel like maybe I should and I'm missing out. Can you tell me what you reccomend the most, and what works the best etc.
    No problem, no hi-jack here IMHO. Hope you get the advise you need to help your pup.

KAZ

Quote Originally Posted by xracer4844 View Post
    For growing pups, I never would skip the glucosamine supplement. Mine are on it until at least age 2 when OFAs are done and come back normal. I'd keep mine on it if not, but otherwise, don't start again until they are ~9-10 yrs old.
    I am a firm believer in MSM for the whole life since most diets (excluding raw) are deficient in sulfur. MSM has proven to be a very powerful immune and connective tissue supplement for ME, personally (I have pollen allergies and have had issues w/ SLE--- systemic lupus in the past which has been miraculously in remission now for years since being on the MSM and making some lifestyle changes).
    The fish oil/vit E ... same thing. Immune primarily, but I think very good for the coats and general health.

I'm probably overkilling it but in the end, my dogs are RARELY in need of a vet. My nearly 11 yo went yesterday for the first time in years other than her normal rabies and Sr blood panel. She had an eyelid infection that I wasn't getting cleared so doc had to take a closer look. With 8 dogs, I have to believe that these preventative things pay off!

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    For growing pups, I never would skip the glucosamine supplement. Mine are on it until at least age 2 when OFAs are done and come back normal. I'd keep mine on it if not, but otherwise, don't start again until they are ~9-10 yrs old.
    I am a firm believer in MSM for the whole life since most diets (excluding raw) are deficient in sulfur. MSM has proven to be a very powerful immune and connective tissue supplement for ME, personally (I have pollen allergies and have had issues w/ SLE--- systemic lupus in the past which has been miraculously in remission now for years since being on the MSM and making some lifestyle changes).
    The fish oil/vit E ... same thing. Immune primarily, but I think very good for the coats and general health.

I'm probably overkilling it but in the end, my dogs are RARELY in need of a vet. My nearly 11 yo went yesterday for the first time in years other than her normal rabies and Sr blood panel. She had an eyelid infection that I wasn't getting cleared so doc had to take a closer look. With 8 dogs, I have to believe that these preventative things pay off!
    Thanks a lot. You are most likely correct - preventative things do make a difference. For the most part I take care of him as best I can. He actually got a taste of giardia recently - treated with metro. and he was fine after a couple of days.

Where do you purchase msm? Are some better than others? Fish oil, do you just do 1 tablespoon on top of the food and a dosage of msm, or directly in their mouth.

Our feed store/ Co-op carries 100% pure granular MSM but you have to ask for that... they have to hide it due to it being an ingredient in meth and so is regulated to some degree.
    I buy the Kirkland (Costco) fish oil caps and give 2 of those plus 1 Vit E cap per day. Some buy the krill oil or salmon oil, and I think that has the Vit E in it but it's important to keep a balance there between the 2.
    I put everything on top of the food, and add a bit of water.
    Yes, I had giardia for the first time here in the early spring w/ a6 wk old litter of puppies! ARghhhhh. NO FUN w/ babies, and thank god they were all so good w/ the potty pool. What a blasted mess!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast