Obedience Training Price in Mass

Thread: Obedience Training Price in Mass

DefaultObedience Training Price in Mass

I live in Mass, and went for a consultation last night to a dog trainer. The consult. was $25 for him to meet my dog and go over the entire 8 week course. This would be 6 weeks of a private class, and 2 extra meetings for whenever.

The trainer uses a 'training' collar, and is going to train my dog (& me) to "act like his dogs". He has 2 german shep's that were in the room with us and were very obedient (kennel up- they got right in their kennel; "free" - they could leave the kennel; etc etc). He showed me what they know.

My issues are that my dogs (I can only do 1 at a time in training) don't listen to me, pull hard on a leash, and jump on people. I'd love my dogs to listen to me as well as his did to him.

However, first of all - his dogs looked sad. I wonder if they are happy and know how to have fun. Second of all, he charges $575 for the 8 1 hour sessions.

What do you think? I want to do it. I saved $500 specifically for training, knowing I'd be paying close to this. But, it just sounds outrageous!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Obedience Training Price in Mass

I find that expensive, but I live in Texas. I paid $500 dollars which included 2 1 hour home visits and unlimited group classes (about 5-6 dogs per group class).

The $500 dollars also included a $200 dollar ecollar which is one of the best on the market. Allie likes her collar because she knows shes going outside.

The collar for us has made a huge difference. Its taught Allie to walk nice, sit, stay, come, lay down, off, watch, place, bed, crate and more. Also, these commands are held until we release her.

The price seems high, but if we did all private lessions that would be $75 a lession, I think you would benefit more from group classes because of the other dogs and owners...

DefaultRe: Obedience Training Price in Mass

THAT SEEMS LIKE ALOT TO ME - WE PAID $100 FOR 7 LESSONS ONE HOUR/ONE DAY A WEEK. IF YOU WANT PRIVATE HOME LESSONS HE CHARGES $100.00 AN HOUR

WE DECIDED ON GROUP LESSONS FOR PUPPY K AND BASIC ABOUT 8/10 DOGS PER GROUP AND IT WAS GREAT FOR HIS SOCIALIZING.

PLUS WE GOT TO TALK TO OTHER OWNERS AND HEAR THERE STORIES SO WE KNOW WE WERE NOT THE ONLY ONES HAVING THE SAME CRAZY TIMES.

GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT.