I am a BAD mommy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a BAD mommy

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultI am a BAD mommy

GRRRR... now I'm pissed at Eric AND myself. I saw the signs... but I was too slow and ender went and peed a huge load on the stairs... I yelled at Eric "I TOLD YOU" he says "HE JUST WENT 15 MINUTES AGO"... and I said "HE'S A PUPPY... I TOLD YOU HE WANTED OUT"... So I took him out and his leash got tangled in his legs and he pulled really hard and I didn't let go... heard the "yelp of pain"... and he started limping and holding his right front leg up... GRRR (at myself)... I carried him for a few steps... had him sit and he didn't put weight on it... nearly cried right there on the sidewalk... examined his leg and he didn't seem concerned with me touching it and manipulating it... and within about 1 minute he was walking normally

but I feel like a complete $HIT-head
    ~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I am a BAD mommy

Awwww poor mister ender

Don't feel bad we all do a bad doggy mommy deed at some point. Mine was almost like yours except it involved me yelling at Molly to get off the sofa and she whacked the corner table on her way down hitting her leg and she yelped and didn't put weight on it for a few minutes. I feel like major sh!t
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

$h!t like that happens to all puppy parents. Don't worry about it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

It is good to vent, cause then you know you aren't alone!

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Things happen - wait till Ender trips you, or walks on you wrong - you'll be yelping too.

I remember 1 time Moose and I were playing and he went wide open into my leg - I was sore for weeks. Another time I thru a toy out the back door for him to chase and he ran straight into our standing fire pit. He really yelped and I felt so bad - I moved it so it wouldn't happen again.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

Ahhhhh.... Poor Lindsay (I'd say poor Ender, but I think you're upset more than he is! )

The first week or so we had CoCo home, I had her up on the couch with me and she got squirmy. Before I could lift her down she jumped! It was far down for a lil puppy like her, and the floor is cork tile, so she went *smack* and yelped! She limped for a second, and I almost cried. And then 60 seconds later she was back to her bitey puppy self!

Quote Originally Posted by maggiesparents
    Vet said..rule of thumb with a puppy...two hours, if they are still limping then bring them in, but if they are back to normal all is good. So yes like people have said, it happens to everyone at some point.
    Thanks for this! Very helpful!
    ~Jo & CoCo

You are not a bad puppy mommy, Lindsay. I know how you feel, though. I have to get used to having a pup under my feet again. I turned around in the kitchen last night and stepped on Prince's front paw. I was wearing my house shoes so I knew it and did not come down with pressure. He still yelped and limped off. It terrified me at first thinking that I may have broke his lil paw. After a few minutes, like Ender, he was back to walking normal.

You're not a bad mommy! You are going to have probably a few more incidents like these. One day I was taking Kimba out and was extremely irritated bc when he was little he asked to go out ALL THE TIME and I was rushing him into the elevator and the door slammed on his tail!!! Man I never heard a cry like that. It was all my fault but we both recovered and now I do not think Kimba even remembers.

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Thanks everyone... I was extremely frustrated and feeling like a total idiot last night. Can you see how seriously I take this new mommy job?

I'll have to keep that "2 hr" rule in mind... good sound advice! ;D
    ~Lindsay

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

Lindsey, I stepped off the back step on Baileys leg and I thought I had broken it. She cried and limped and I cried and held her. But pretty soon she was just back to normal. You're definitely not alone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast