Water allowance?

Thread: Water allowance?

DefaultWater allowance?

My lil Dash is 12 weeks old now, and we got him about 3 weeks ago. We have another older dog and he free feeds throughout the day. My question/problem is with the water intake. I live in Florida, so its hot and they need water, but lil Dash drinks all of it 24/7 and doesn't stop, so you know in one end and a few minutes later........I feel bad rationing his water intake, but does anyone else do this, and how old is he when he knows if enough is enough? He drinks so much that he will often get himself sick. :-\
    Suggestions anyone?
    Thanks ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Water allowance?

I don't know how much enough is, but we made a decision early on that if Bailey wanted water, we were not gonna take it up. You know how you feel when you're thirsty? If that meant we had to get up extra and take her out, we would just have to do it. I don't know if we did, we had nothing to compare it to. She just drinks when she's thirsty no matter what time of the day or night Florida is very hot. I would let her drink how she wants to and take her out. I don't understand the getting sick though. Does she get sick and vomit? That seems strange enough that I would maybe mention it to my vet. I know this seems like I'm stretching but there are dogs with diabetes and when a human has it, they are very thirsty.

I hope you find the right solution.

DefaultRe: Water allowance?

Thanks, I do have a vet appointment next week and Ill mention it.