"poopy training " whoa's

Thread: "poopy training " whoa's

Default"poopy training " whoa's

Ok so here is another ?
    We have had our baby for over a week, she went after every meal with precision, and we took her out after sleep and play for a pee. Now she isn't going after every meal, its beginning to vary, which is making it a guessing game with me. I feel like the Secret Service, following her around at every corner watching for the tell tale "walk of poop" is this normal for a puppy to change potty patterns? if so then how do I keep up?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: "poopy training " whoa's

Yeah, as they grow they change, that's why it's so important to be scheduled with feeding because you'll definitely notice them and adjust. The pee times could be anything from a change in amount of water, which is never definite anyway, or an excited play period or anything. You just gotta watch. They sure can be quick, too, can't they. :

;D ;D ;D Just wanted to say I got a good laugh....Secret service on the poopy trail.....

I don't know if this advice helps ('cause gee it's sorta hard to remember now), but we took ours out like you are..after eating, sleeping, playing. But also we were vigilant in taking him out every 15 min., 1/2 hour (because we had new carpeting!), for the first few weeks. The potty time wasn't play time, just potty time. I'd say 'potty potty', or 'potty poop, potty poop' (yep, seriously I'd say that over and over...lol.) If we wanted play time outside, outside we'd go for potty, then back in, then right back out for playtime, so he'd get to know the difference.

And yeah, his patterns changed. Now visualize me trying to teach hub to say 'potty poop, potty poop' to the puppy. Laughin' yet? ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

(Don't mean to take up extra room with another post, but forgot something)

If our Tucker ever had an accident in his crate, we never scolded him, never.

And since I got into the habit of saying 'potty potty' when we went out for that, he potties on command if I say 'potty potty' and go to his area in the field he uses for potty. That's a nice plus when it's time to leave for the vet, or going somewhere else.