Pee in crate during truck rides

Thread: Pee in crate during truck rides

DefaultPee in crate during truck rides

My husband likes to take Boone (10wks) with him in the truck. He usually crates him in the back. The problem is that he pees almost every time. Not like empty his bladder pee, no puddles. Just enough that the crate floor is a bit wet and his paws and fur may be wet. We have tried potty before we get in the truck and potty at every stop, but it still happens. Is it possible that when he is trying to brace himself for turns or stops that the pee is forced out? He does not do this when he rides inside the vehicle. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Pee in crate during truck rides

I've never heard of this before and I'm no expert, just venturing a guess. Maybe he's scared. Ten weeks old and in a crate in the back of a pickup truck?? With all the noise and wind and things swirling around? It may be fear is causing some leaking. Now, mind you, I don't know, but I do know at 10 weeks everything is so new to them and your husband is not there as a comforting presence.

Just a thought.

It also could be the sliding around. Maybe if you got a rubber mat or something to put in there so he could brace himself.

are you sure it's pee? if he's scared, it could be 'fear drooling' instead of, or in addition to.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I don't know that it is urine... I just assumed. I hadn't thought of drooling. We have actually stopped crating him in the back of the truck and have been letting him ride inside... I like him inside anyway. Maybe we will try again when he gets a bit older. When I know for sure that he can hold his bladder better. On an even greater note, it has been over a week since his last 'in house' potty accident... WE are soooo pleased...

Congratulations!