Feeding

Thread: Feeding

Finnsmum is offline Junior Member

DefaultFeeding

Hi, my 11 week old pup is on Arden grange food and by the feeding guidelines he gets 350gms split into four meals a day. The feeding guidelines say to reduce this to 260gms once he reaches 12 weeks. It's been a fair few years since I had a pup but can't remember reducing food down as they got older. I am back at vets in two weeks for second injections but wondered if anyone else had done this

Thanks

image.jpgimage.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jjkroell is offline Member

Not sure what food your feeding your pup.. Here are the puppy feeding guidelines from their website.
    Puppy/Junior - Nutritional Premium Dog and Cat Food - Arden Grange
    Puppy Junior Large Breed - Nutritional Premium Dog and Cat Food - Arden Grange

Their feeding guidelines are estimates - it says so right on the website

The Arden Grange feeding charts will give an estimation of the daily feeding quantity based on your cat or dog’s weight.

It is important to remember however that these figures are guidelines only, and there are several factors to be taken into account when assessing your pet’s nutritional requirements : -

Activity level

Temperament (stressed animals burn off more calories than relaxed ones)

Metabolism (every animal is an individual with his or her own speed of metabolism; this means that 2 dogs of the same age, breed and weight could have different daily calorie requirements)

In order to provide the correct portions, it is also helpful to assess your pet’s appetite, visual appearance and stools. Whilst poo watching does not sound particular pleasant, it is one of the best indicators of health. Increased frequency of passing faeces, production of large quantities of stools of loose motions are often frequent signs that an animal is receiving more food than he or she requires.

It is important to obtain an accurate weight for your cat or dog, and also to weigh out the food. Guessing on both accounts gives a large margin of error.

Libby - 11 Sep 2013