Lucky??

Thread: Lucky??

DefaultLucky??

I have an (almost) 10 week old puppy. We have an older (2yr) chocolate lab as well. She hasn't had an accident in the house for about 6 days, nor has she peed in her crate that she is in at about 4-6 hours at a time during the day and at night! Am I lucky or is there something wrong???

I know it's a silly question, but I'm kind of in shock!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Lucky??

Don't jinxy yourself.... :-X

Some say the second dog is easier to train because it mimic's the older dog that is trained. I only have one so I can't say that's it.

Mocha slept through the night at 8 1/2-9 weeks and had very few accidents in the house. A lot of it depends on how much you watch her/him and how often they are outside. You probably don't notice it but you knew what to expect with this one so you know to watch for potty signs and when they are likely to have to go and take them out before a mess happens.

You could just be lucky too

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Ender stayed at my mom's for two weeks with his big brother Apollo (4 yr old black lab)...

I think he learned soooooo much mimicing Apollo including housebreaking and barking less.
    ~Lindsay

Interesting! I figured it was from mimicking the older dog - I guess if she doesn't see him mess in the house, she won't do it either! It's just so easy this time - and kind of scary!!! I was prepared for a hellish dog as I was always told by people I talked to that the second one is like a bratty kid!! So far, she's a gift!!!! ;D

I hope we have such luck with Miles. Maybe I should have Bailey come over and show him the ropes! I do have him go to my intended pee spot whenever he's here.

My boy Koa stayed with his mom an extra week while the breeder was in Canada delivering it's litermates, so when we brought him home he was 9 weeks. In the first week he was at our house he was potty trained and i too thought it was too good to be true because i too was assuming that he was going to be a handful. but nope perfect little guy he was and still is.