Second Round of teething on the horizon...... Help!!!

Thread: Second Round of teething on the horizon...... Help!!!

Lady-Bell's Mom is offline Junior Member

QuestionSecond Round of teething on the horizon...... Help!!!

My 6 month old puppy Lady-Bell is showing signs of a second round of teeth. The first time wasn't so bad because it was her baby teeth and she couldn't do much damage with those. But now she is starting to show the signs of a second round. I could have died this morning when I found that she had chewed a small dip in my first real piece of furniture that I bought. I'm young and single and it was a big deal for me to buy a beautiful cherry wood sleigh bed. and Lady has chewed a hole in it. It just flat out hurt my feelings! Anyways, since the Christmas holiday has passed I have depleated my supply of raw hides and I fully intend on getting some more but I was wondering if any of y'all have any advice on what else helps. I don't care to give her the Nylon Bones because she will just chew a chunk right off of one and swallow it and a $500 surgery later we will have that chunk back. I don't think so..... Any suggestions people??? Thanks!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Eresh is offline Senior Member

My philosophy with pups is to assume everything is fair game for teeth. Over the years I've had chewed up furniture, baseboards, doors, electronics, cabinets, carpet, linoleum, and even drywall. That's in addition to stuff that I should have picked up (socks, shoes, etc.) I've learned that when I'm not able to supervise (not home or asleep), to confine teething pups to an area that doesn't have anything of value that I can't easily replace. Crates come in real handy. Some people have luck with bitter apple spray as a deterrent, but my current dog is the weirdo that likes the taste.

Lady-Bell's Mom is offline Junior Member

Thanks Eresh! I have thought about the butter apple spray but haven't gone there yet. I was hoping I wouldn't have to. I'm probably in denial. :-). I have found that she L. O. V. E. S. used dryer sheets. Weird isn't it haha