puppy bitting hard

Thread: puppy bitting hard

Archit Nath is offline Junior Member

Defaultpuppy bitting hard

my puppy is about 7 months (black lab)...she is a spoiled brat ...and yes i am a first time dog owner...and like any other first time dog owner i am always afraid that my kid would go agressive .....well she is a bit food agressive i mean we are all ok with that as here we are all taught that "never mess with a dog who is enjoying its meal" .....well she always goes crazy when i am around she is still teeth somewhat she has a few piculiar habbits...things like stick her head in between my legs and bitting them hard just like a pirranah trying to puncture and when i try to move her away she jumps and snaps my hands even if i widen the gap between my legs a bit she does tht she runs collides and starts doing that all over again and today she bit to hard its hard to make her lay down on her back without using distractions..and when she lies down she starts bitting my hand and my legs and with huge force of course there is no growling or snarling just panting and grunting when she does that but yeah those teeth hurt

well she is doing well in her class the trainer says she is a very good dog i know puppies do things like these and this age is this realy aggressive behaviour any solutions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

It's not aggression, it's normal puppy behaviour and it's up to you to correct the behaviour and redirect to something that the pup is allowed to chew on (toy or nylabone, etc.). This topic comes up regularly, so please read through some of the threads in this section that already discuss this and recommend solutions. No point re-hashing it all here.

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

well you said it yourself - she is a spoiled brat. that isn't HER fault. that is her human's fault. you have to train a dog to be the dog you want. Even the trainer said she was a good dog. She just needs training and guidance.

Get into classes, and set some ground rules in the house.

How much exercise (and what kind) is she getting?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Archit Nath is offline Junior Member

yeah well i am not physicaly strong well when we first got her she used to stay indoors with us but later when my niece had come to stay with us we had to shift er to the terrace so we built a small pet house with ventilation and lightings the door is always open so she spends most of her time there roaming on the terrace i do go visit her once or twice a day she gets very exicited i give her treats she has grew significantly afterwe shifted her no nail problems indoors she had a few prob moving around i want to take her for a walk but its impossible since she came the stray dog population has increased and they fight a lot within themselves believe me i dont do so muh but i cant realy do much she gets distracted during training if i am there so i dont go to her during class its not like i didnt try to stop her from bitting me nothing ever worked neem oil, time out, news paper and even slapping nothing is permanently effective i always feel bad about it i am not emotionaly strong either well i am always trying yes about the exercise well i try to play fetch she fetches and comes back but doesnt return the ball she only does these kinda things to me as she know she can bully me easily

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

please either bring the dog in the home with their family or rehome them.

no wonder the dog gets exited they are all alone almost 24 hours a day other than two visits. that is not enough and an incredibly lonely existance.

yiu need to spend time execising, training and bonding with the dog. spending all that time alone means she is nonlearning how to behave as part of the family.

a lab of that age they need at least an hour of off leash play daily.

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

If you aren't prepared to spend the necessary time training and bonding with your dog, please give her to a home that will. Labradors aren't a fashion accessory or toy that you can put in the closet when you're tired of it. There is a huge amount of responsibility on your shoulders for this little life. It is up to you to train her to be a well trained and well behaved dog. Anything less is your failure, not the dogs. Sounds harsh I know, but this is a life that you are responsible for.

dukeofempire is offline Member

I can't read posts like these most days. Its not her fault, if you can't work with her please regime her. There is no excuse not to spend proper time with her. I'm lazy and I'll admit that heck anyone will tell you that and I take Duke out for exersize four or five times a day if not more, I love watching him run in our yard, he's so full of energy and he yes gets into trouble chewing on stuff but that's my fault to for not being right there.