Barking barking barking

Thread: Barking barking barking

Ramonaparie is offline Member

DefaultBarking barking barking

Please advice needed, Cad'Bree is 7mth old now. And for a while we've had problems with her barking, only when we are home.
    She's super quiet when we were out.
    Previously I've posted about this, and I've tryrd several things suggested, keeping her inside more often, and crating her, she's still continuing to bark no matter if she's outside, in the crate or even in the house.
    I tried getting her to learn the speak no speak command. And she still continues to bark and whine like crazy.
    I'm at my whits end, I can't even have her outside for 20mins while I clean the floors. She'll continue to bark, and my neighbour are still screaming out at her to shut up.
    I've posted about her nipping and that's calmed down alot, but she'll still mouth us especially when she's over excited.
    I feel like one thing gets better and then something else comes along.
    I'm not sure about what to do, or how to handle this, are there any other having a problem or other solutions I could try?
    Ramoa

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablover34198 is offline Senior Member

Sorry to hear u are still having problems I have read ur previous posts on this before, have u thought about a personal trainer? I have one for my 7 month old pup and I really think it helps as aswell as basic training if there are any issues I want to specifically work on I ask to structure part of the lesson around it. Maybe this could help, I.e ask a trainer to observe the behaviour of ur pup when ur trying to do a task and see what their input is.

Archie is offline Senior Member

When in particular is she barking? If she is loose in the house, with you, then there should be no reason to bark.

By this age, you shouldn't need to crate her or leave her outside while you're home. If you still find her behaviour bad enough that you need to crate her or put her outside, then it's time for some obedience classes. Then, she will be able to be with you while you're home, and voila! happy pup, no barking

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

How much exercise is she getting? Sounds like a bored pup to me.

Cad'Bree gets x2 1hr and a half walks a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. I also have a lady come twice week on the days that I work, she picks her up with other dogs her age, and they got for 2hrs of fun, parking swimming they have a great day.
    She goes to obedience training with me every saturday, and that's going really well.
    I don't crate her often at all, but she still tries to snatch food from the kids at meal times and that's when il put her outside where she can still see us.
    She'll just yap the whole time.
    Yesterday she spent most the day in the yard while my husband was home, he didnt let her in at all cause he's really sick at the moment. And apparently she was quiet as a mouse.
    As soon as I walk through the door she goes bananas.
    Has anyone tried bark collars? Citronella never worked for her

lablover34198 is offline Senior Member

[QUOTE=
    She goes to obedience training with me every saturday, and that's going really well.

Dogs can become familiar with their plae of training if it is not changed. Dogs don't generalise so all though on a sat he does well at training she may just have realised "oh this is where I behave" I've seen that happen a lot.

I do training with her at home too daily, following through on things they've taught me.
    Other than the barking we have no issues, she'll sit stay drop,leave it, stay on her mat of I tell her too.

The past few weeks I've dedicated alot of time to training Cad'Bree, who has no overcome the barking, and it's been exactly two weeks since her last out of control barking.
    She's happy to be Inside with us, and happy to be outside on her own, and no more barking at us whilst we have dinner.
    I feel like I can breathe again, and I'm less stressed about it all, worrying if my Neighbours were gonna hurt her.
    Now it's their two dogs causing alot of commotion, while my baby girl is quiet as a mouse.
    I never thought this day would come, but we did it, actually she did it.
    ))

marlin is offline Junior Member

Congratulations, job well done and a happy dog to boot!