Still Biting at 7 months old????

Thread: Still Biting at 7 months old????

Smokey329 is offline Junior Member

DefaultStill Biting at 7 months old????

I have a german shepherd/black lab mix named Smokey who still teethes!!! Or at least we hope it's still just puppy teething. We will go down to pet him and he starts biting on our skin. We tell him no and walk away, thinking ignoring him will help... but it doesn't. We have tried bitter apple, and that doesn't work either. We have also tried putting a toy in his mouth instead of our skin. Yup, that still does not work! He is only 7 months, however we don't want this to turn into a problem in the future when he is full grown (he is about 55 pounds now). We do not know how to go about solving this problem, but it is obviously important to get this fixed. Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

Keep doing what you're doing and be consistent and persistent. It doesn't happen over night and some pups are just slower to learn about being mouthy than others.

DonnaMelody is offline Junior Member

HI There. I have just joined this forum and I can sympathise. However, my beloved puppy is only 4.5 months old. He seems to think my hands are his personal chew toy!! I have the scars to proof it! But, I have put Olbas Oil on my hands today, to try and stop him (could not find Tee Tree Oil as it is an Antiseptic and smells strong, at the time), and am saying consistently "LEAVE HANDS", and then softly "Hands are for love". The first second I put the oil on my hands, he backed off!! Will let you know if it works after a couple of times, because repetitive action is what trains. Lots of love Lab Newby xx

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Smokey329 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMelody View Post
    HI There. I have just joined this forum and I can sympathise. However, my beloved puppy is only 4.5 months old. He seems to think my hands are his personal chew toy!! I have the scars to proof it! But, I have put Olbas Oil on my hands today, to try and stop him (could not find Tee Tree Oil as it is an Antiseptic and smells strong, at the time), and am saying consistently "LEAVE HANDS", and then softly "Hands are for love". The first second I put the oil on my hands, he backed off!! Will let you know if it works after a couple of times, because repetitive action is what trains. Lots of love Lab Newby xx
    Awesome idea!!! We all have scars from him biting us and we just have no idea what to do next! Let me know how it goes with the oil... It may be something worth trying here!!!