Puppy Kindergarten-good news
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppy Kindergarten-good news

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultPuppy Kindergarten-good news

Whew!!! I am soooo relieved.* We found the best class for the price and it's with the Milwaukee Dog Training Club which has a ton of obedience, agilty, flyball etc. classes (which I would eventually like to do with Ender).* The problem was it was on a night where I had no way of getting to the class with Ender (no car & Ender can't take the bus lol)

I had just resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to make Eric drive us 1/2 hr away to a slightly more expensive puppy kindergarten in oak creek on a night that he didn't have class.* BUT!!!... Today, our realtor stopped by and SHE'S TAKING HER PUPPY TO THE CLASS THAT I WANTED TO ATTEND!!!* She offered to give Ender and I rides since she lives close by and is of course going anyways.* I am soooo excited.*

$70 for a 6 week 1 hr long class.* By far the BEST price in town and I think we get a slight discount on the next class we take.* Which is definitely worth it for me since I am definitely planning on doing obedience at the very least.

Ok... so I'm all happy now.* ;D* Ender continues to be*a dream today.* We took a short walk to a local baseball diamond this morning where two golden retrievers were playing with their owners.* All very friendly and vaccinated.* It was great to allow Ender off leash to "try" chasing those goldens around the baseball diamond while they retrieved their balls.* One was only 6 months old and she and Ender enjoyed quite a few rounds of bitey face.* Then an "alpha" Akita female showed up (named Panda... and oh my, can I say appropriate?).* She hampered the fun a bit but Ender was content to stay away from her and play with the 6 month old golden.* It was great... it was like a private dog park... I hope we see them again.
    ~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Puppy Kindergarten-good news

Great news on the class! That is just going to work out wonderfully with the real estate agent taking you guys to class. And great news on Ender making new friends at the diamond.

I can't tell you how relieved I am. He's doing so good. A big part of me credits my mom and Apollo for their hard work in addtion to Ender just being a good puppy in general. Also helps that Eric has jumped RIGHT IN on taking Ender out during the middle of the night... taking him for a walk and everything. (I think he enjoys his "chick magnet")
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Glad you could arrange the class you wanted. We charge $70 for a six week PKC, too. If you take another class with the same dog, it's only $60 for the next class. You'll have to start posting in the obedience section so we can keep up with how Ender's doing.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

bibber is offline Senior Member

That class sounds great and that's wonderful that you have someone to go with!

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but from what I understand it is best not to take a puppy out for any walks or to a dog park until they are four months old and have completed all of their vaccinations including rabies. Many viruses can live in the ground for years, and puppies are vulnerable. I didn't know this when we got Sam and had taken him for a few walks, but then I learned on this board that we shouldn't be taking him out until he turned four months. Puppy school is ok, provided they make all puppies turn in their proof of being up to date on vaccinations appropriate for their age.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

That's great news!

Thats great on the class. Glad to hear things are going good so far.

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

AWESOME news about the class and the drive! Glad that Eric is involved with Ender's care as well. Yes, my DH enjoys the chick magnet factor as well!

I also just found out about a local puppy K class which is of the "just show up" variety, and its only $10 a night for a 1 hour class. You can either just let your puppies go at it, or have some time with the instructor. I think I'm going to take advantage of the flexibility of it until we take CoCo to obedience in the summer.
    ~Jo & CoCo

Quote Originally Posted by CoCosMom
    I also just found out about a local puppy K class which is of the "just show up" variety, and its only $10 a night for a 1 hour class. You can either just let your puppies go at it, or have some time with the instructor. I think I'm going to take advantage of the flexibility of it until we take CoCo to obedience in the summer.
    Oh I wish I had found something like that here in Milwaukee but everything I find wants to lock you into the 6 or 7 week thing. (I think that's so they are assured their money and attendance for each class) Oh well... I'm sure we'll need it since we are first time puppy owners.
    ~Lindsay

Welcome home Ender. ;D ;D

I am so glad to hear everything is going good for you guys Class is a great idea we really enjoy it and I think Jack really enjoys his time with all the other dogs. ( The best is how sleepy they are after training for an hour )

We also took Jack out when he was Enders age and luckly he was fine.
    We would bring him around dogs we know as much as we could.
    Because Now he is very friendly with all dogs. I'm so happy to hear he made some friends.

Good Luck and post some pics when you can I can't wait to see him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast