Update on Cad'Bree, and for those with biting problems

Thread: Update on Cad'Bree, and for those with biting problems

Ramonaparie is offline Member

DefaultUpdate on Cad'Bree, and for those with biting problems

When we got Cad'Bree at 9week she started the biting and it got worse! Drawing blood on me and my children, it was at the point where I was really considering giving her away, I lost count of how many times I posted here about her and how many times I cried.
    I felt like it wasn't normal puppy behavior she was seriously attacking us, and nothing worked, no redirection, no holding her snout, saying no bite, all this made her crazier!
    The only thing was to crate her and give her time out, which worked but she barked the whole time. But after a trainer suggested to use a soft muzzle on her when she's nipping too much, honestly in my opinion worked the best! She wasn't wearing it all the time, only when she was in a biting frenzy, and while she would wear it, the kids would give her so much affection and I really think it showed her that the kids just wanted to pat and cuddle her.
    I'm left with so many scars and my kids too, I was so upset to see how much they hated her, and being around her.
    But all the advice to just solider on and push through it, made keep her and keep doing the best I could..

I can honestly say say she's 90% better, the biting has calmed down dramatically, she'll still mouth is, but it's definitely mostly in play now and when she's too excited, which we won't play with her when she's like that.
    She's inside most of the time with us now and is great with the kids most of the time! Hearing my kids wake up and call for her and look where is, is great! Before they'd scream if she went near them.
    Now she lays next to me just wanting affection and every night now we have this routine where I stroke her to sleep and them I put her in her crate and she's sound asleep until 8am.
    I can finally enjoy my dog! And I can honestly say that in really loving her, and I can't wait to get home some days and see her!
    Before I would dread coming home..

The barking is something we are still working on, but what my husband noticed that when he's here she's quite as a mouse.
    But when I come home she barks and craves my attention.

I'm honestly over the moon at what a change she has made, I'm so happy!
    She start 3 weeks full time obedience training tomorrow, and il be going down there ever couple of days and spend the day training her with them.

I feel like I can breath again, and a huge weight has been lifted off my shouldersimage.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sorry bout spelling errors, I have a new phone and hating it!

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

So basically what you are saying is that the dog acknowledges that your husband runs the show. And when he's not home, the DOG runs the show. That right there is why you are having problems with the puppy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

My dog doesn't go near my husband, she won't even wanna go for a walk with him.
    She's definitely not running the "show" I have great control of her when we are home alone