barking 11 month old yellow labrador
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: barking 11 month old yellow labrador

illusivedesign is offline Junior Member

Defaultbarking 11 month old yellow labrador

okay i have a issue with my 11 month old puppy barking constantly while she is outside at either nothing or the neighbors i know its just a hey come pet me bark but my neighbors are not seeing it as that i have had one neighbor come to my house and complain asking me to leave her inside while they are outside doing there yard work i have seen some neighbors pet her and she still just barks and barks and barks any suggestions!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablover34198 is offline Senior Member

Do you leave her outside alone? Is it maybe boredom?

she isn't outside alone every time my daughter does go outside with her and when she see's a neighbor same bark as usual i think when she is alone she barks a little more i am thinking about getting another pup for when i leave her alone outside while im at work i cannot imagine how much she barks while i go to work for 8 to 10 hours!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

The obvious solution is to bring the dog inside. A dog left alone will find ways of entertaining themselves that aren't always agreeable to us or our neighbours. Not to mention the risk of being harmed or stolen. How much exercise is she getting? If she's exercised before you leave for work, she'll sleep. Is she crate trained? You might consider crating her inside while you're at work.

I don't mind her being inside without a crate she hasn't used one since a puppy we go to thr lake to swI'm pretty regularly but has a big back yard and chases squirrels all day long while I'm at work so is everyone else its just one neighbor that's the issue I was just maybe hoping as she gets older it with tapper off

Archie is offline Senior Member

If anything, I think leaving a dog outside all day while you're at work will create MORE barking. They get bored, bark at whatever they can see or hear, and it becomes a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by illusivedesign View Post
    I don't mind her being inside without a crate she hasn't used one since a puppy we go to thr lake to swI'm pretty regularly but has a big back yard and chases squirrels all day long while I'm at work so is everyone else its just one neighbor that's the issue I was just maybe hoping as she gets older it with tapper off
    Why should even one neighbour be subjected to the barking of your dog? You don't have the right to inflict your dog's behaviour on any neighbour. As long as the dog is left outside alone he will bark and will continue to bark because the behaviour isn't being corrected. It will not taper off. This will likely lead to ill will with your neighbour(s).

and i asked if anyone might have a solution and now your telling me im a bad neighbor because my dog barks so im suppose to leave her in at all times....

the problem is not when im at work the problem is on the weekends i do not work on the weekends nobody cares how much she barks during the week cause no one is home. the one complaint that has happened was during the weekend while they are mowing i do leave her inside now that have complained all i was asking was if there was a solution not to be lectured on how i am a bad neighbor

You were given a solution. Don't blame anyone here if you don't like the solutions offered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast