dock jumping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dock jumping

Defaultdock jumping

anyone here do dock jumping. I don't have Hank in any sports but I love the dock jumping. I think its dock jumping anyway...the one where you see how far your dog can jump off the dock in to the water.

Whats flyball?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: dock jumping

If your referring to the ESPN Outdoor Games they call that event "Big Air Dog." Its alot of fun, Oona loves diving into the water. If you have your dog do that make sure that is deep enough and that there aren't any submerged stumps in the way.
    Olie

I went to a Dock Dogs event a little over a week ago and it looked like sooo much fun. I'm trying to get in contact with someone around here so we can practise together. If you're interested here a link: http://dockdogs.com/index.php?option...tpage&Itemid=1

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Murray competes in Dock Dogs occasionally.* The events don't come to AZ very often (once/yr currently).* This is a picture of my SU and Murray competing.* Murray took 2nd place in the Jr Jumpers class with a jump of 14'2". (Get out your magnifying glasses. I don't know why photobucket is resizing my pictures but I'm not happy about it.)

Flyball is a relay race with 4 dogs on a team. The course consists of a starting line, 4 hurdles spaced 10 feet apart and a box. The first hurdle is 6 feet from the start line and the box is 15 feet from the last hurdle for a 51 foot overall length. The dogs jump the hurdles and steps on a spring loaded box that shoots out a tennis ball. The dog catches the tennis ball and then runs back over the 4 hurdles. When the dog crosses the starting line the next dog goes. The first team to have all 4 dogs run without errors wins the heat. more information at http://www.flyballdogs.com/FAQ.html

Labs make good dock dogs

okay, I have seen fly ball. You always see Jacks running flyballs...or at least I have. Thanks for the replies.

does anyone do any dock jumping or fly ball in the san diego area?? i'd love to get involved, if so!!

The link I provided above might help you find someone in your area. Scroll through the threads and someone may have posted in the past looking for training buddies in San Diego. Or you can make your own thread and see if anyone responds. Good luck!

thanks! there is a club here in s.d. they keep saying that they're going to have a class, but it just doesn't seem to be happening. i think it's hard to find to a public dock here to use. i'm getting impatient because i know my pups would be awesome at it, but i don't really know the next step. thanks for the idea about making my own thread!

i was looking at the names of some of the flyball teams and in Tennessee their teams name is the Droolin' Dragsters hah!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast