Baby Teeth

Thread: Baby Teeth

Hjc20 is offline Member

DefaultBaby Teeth

Yesterday i noticed we had a loose tooth. Today, It was gone. (Doggy Tooth fairy visit tonight!!! haha jk) I have a question on Teeth. What age are they supposed to get all of their adult teeth in? And the sharp thin teeth are the puppy teeth and the rounded thick ones are adult? Never went through teething phase with my other dog. We got her as an adult. So, i am just curious about this.. Do they consume them? Or should i be checking my house for teeth? Thank you..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

We found a few of Sophie's teeth when she lost them, but for the most part we didn't know where they went.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I imagine they end up swallowing many of them, we only found a few of Maxx's. And yes, the sharp needle, evil teeth are the baby teeth. The adult teeth are larger, rounded ones. I can't exactly remember when they are done teething, probably by 6 months or so.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dstyer65 is offline Senior Member

I found only 2 of Todd's teeth on my floor, they were molars. The rest disappeared. He's 6 months and has all of his adult teeth now. Thank goodness, no more shark teeth.
    Todd, Yellow Lab, 1/4/13
    Mr. Utley, Welsh Corgi, 2/20/02

cillovely is offline Senior Member

I heard Siren playing with something small the other day, thought he had gotten a piece of my jewelry making supplies to my horror since I keep that stuff well out of his reach and haven't made anything in a while either. I did the mouth swipe and nope it was one of his teeth. He's just 5 months, but dosen't seem to have lost too many yet. I can't wait to be gone of the shark teeth. He got the side of my nose on Monday and caused bleeding. This is the only tooth I've found so I'm assuming the rest have gone in the gut.

dstyer65 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by cillovely View Post
    I heard Siren playing with something small the other day, thought he had gotten a piece of my jewelry making supplies to my horror since I keep that stuff well out of his reach and haven't made anything in a while either. I did the mouth swipe and nope it was one of his teeth. He's just 5 months, but dosen't seem to have lost too many yet. I can't wait to be gone of the shark teeth. He got the side of my nose on Monday and caused bleeding. This is the only tooth I've found so I'm assuming the rest have gone in the gut.
    LOL!! I have a lovely scar on my nose too!! I definitely do NOT miss those teeth! I was just thinking the other day how long its been since Todd has bitten me. Right about then, he was laying under the table on my feet chewing a toy and I felt a crunch on my foot! He mistook my foot for his toy. But..he let up immediately and man, those adult teeth are not nearly as sharp at all! He was like, "oops..sorry mom."
    Todd, Yellow Lab, 1/4/13
    Mr. Utley, Welsh Corgi, 2/20/02

Hjc20 is offline Member

Thanks everyone! I think Athena will be loosing some more shortly.. Noticed two more loose ones today and the tooth that fell out looked to be pushed out by an adult tooth because there's one there already! Cant wait for the rest to come in. These baby teeth are like razor blades! And the teething.... she is biting everything. Even my walls! LOL

cillovely is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hjc20 View Post
    And the teething.... she is biting everything. Even my walls! LOL
    Siren has done a nice chew job on the corner wood work in "his" room. I have been putting wet rags in the freezer for him to chew on, but something about that corner he just loves.

My hubby found another tooth yesterday and when I look at Siren's teeth, you can see more are loose. My son lost 4 front ones all at once about a month ago (two top, two bottom). There are baby teeth all around my house!