Don't mke this mistake that I made.

Thread: Don't mke this mistake that I made.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultDon't mke this mistake that I made.

On our walk this morning, I noticed a tic on Tony's eyebrow. I panicked, rushed him home and into the bathroom where the tweezers were, and tried to make him sit still so I could remove it. He must have picked up on my stress and was sure I would do something awful to him. He would not be still or let me near his head to get the tic off. The more I tried to hold him still, the more he resisted. Once I calmed down, got him an antler to chew, and handled him very gently and spoke in a high soft voice, it was easy to take off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dog Paddle is offline Senior Member

Yikes, tweezers and ticks near the eyes, hard not to get a little antsy. Sounds like it wasn't burrowed in deep, thank heavens.

Love.Dogs is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitziandjudysmom View Post
    On our walk this morning, I noticed a tic on Tony's eyebrow. I panicked, rushed him home and into the bathroom where the tweezers were, and tried to make him sit still so I could remove it. He must have picked up on my stress and was sure I would do something awful to him. He would not be still or let me near his head to get the tic off. The more I tried to hold him still, the more he resisted. Once I calmed down, got him an antler to chew, and handled him very gently and spoke in a high soft voice, it was easy to take off.
    The only way I can get some of my little pups to hold still while clean their eyes, ears, or in your case pull a tick off is the same way you did except peanut butter also seems to keep them busy for a minute. My dogs love antlers too but dang they are so expensive, anywhere cheap you buy them?