Is he really this good

Thread: Is he really this good

cillovely is offline Senior Member

DefaultIs he really this good

We've had Siren for almost a week now, and he's had a few accidents inside but all were our fault for not reading his signs correctly or taking too long. The first two or three nights I made sure I got up and let him out every 2 hours or so, stayed with him until he went back to sleep so he wouldn't get to whiney and wake up everyone. But these past two nights I've let him go more like 4 or 5 hours before letting him out becuase he wasn't crying and sleeping longer and he hasn't had any accidents in his long term confinement area at all (penned area with his crate door open). And this morning at 3:30 when I brought him back in to his confinement area after going potty, he just plopped right down chewed on one of his toys and didn't whine at all. Lucky for me, I could go back to my comfy bed instead of the couch.

I thought 7-8 week old puppies bladders were only able to last two hours max? Is he really this good of a puppy or am I getting ahead of myself and it's just been luck. I do take away his water at 8:00pm at night until 6:30 am.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JustinNC is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by cillovely View Post
    We've had Siren for almost a week now, and he's had a few accidents inside but all were our fault for not reading his signs correctly or taking too long. The first two or three nights I made sure I got up and let him out every 2 hours or so, stayed with him until he went back to sleep so he wouldn't get to whiney and wake up everyone. But these past two nights I've let him go more like 4 or 5 hours before letting him out becuase he wasn't crying and sleeping longer and he hasn't had any accidents in his long term confinement area at all (penned area with his crate door open). And this morning at 3:30 when I brought him back in to his confinement area after going potty, he just plopped right down chewed on one of his toys and didn't whine at all. Lucky for me, I could go back to my comfy bed instead of the couch.

I thought 7-8 week old puppies bladders were only able to last two hours max? Is he really this good of a puppy or am I getting ahead of myself and it's just been luck. I do take away his water at 8:00pm at night until 6:30 am.
    Sounds like we're having similar luck. First night (Saturday night) we had an accident and I ignored his whining. Second night I tried taking him out, and still had two accidents in the crate (all were #2). No crate accidents since *knock on wood* and last night I took him out at 10:45PM and never heard a peep out of him again until 6:30AM.

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Different people will say different things.....also all dogs are different, but mine was amazingly easy to potty train as well. I think labs are just that smart, myself.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cillovely is offline Senior Member

It's almost the same joy as when my son started to sleep thru the night and no more every 3 hour feedings. But I sure didn't expect it to be so quick.

I think labs are that smart too!

serenitydad is offline Member

We've had Brando for six days and I was saying the same thing until today. I'm thinking of changing his name to Buttons, because he is so good at pushing mine.
    True ambition is the deep desire to live usefully and walk humbly in God's grace. - Bill Wilson

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by serenitydad View Post
    We've had Brando for six days and I was saying the same thing until today. I'm thinking of changing his name to Buttons, because he is so good at pushing mine.
    LOL