Watery eyes @ 13 weeks

Thread: Watery eyes @ 13 weeks

SiTheMutt is offline Senior Member

DefaultWatery eyes @ 13 weeks

Si's eyes are very watery lately and he has a constant stream of tears running down his face. All of the time. I tried saline to flush them out, but that didn't do the trick so probably isn't anything foreign in there. He has an appointment next Wednesday to get it looked at but just wondering if I should be worried? Could it be something serious (distemper or parvo) or am I just looking at an allergy or cold? Thanks for the insight.
    "I haven't the slightest idea on how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out." - David Sedaris

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West

"If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered" -EAP

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

My Tessa has watery eyes from allergies. This may not be why your dogs' are. Just telling you she has them so it might ease your mind until you see the vet.

Let us know how you get on.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Susan_MLL is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiTheMutt View Post
    Si's eyes are very watery lately and he has a constant stream of tears running down his face. All of the time. I tried saline to flush them out, but that didn't do the trick so probably isn't anything foreign in there. He has an appointment next Wednesday to get it looked at but just wondering if I should be worried? Could it be something serious (distemper or parvo) or am I just looking at an allergy or cold? Thanks for the insight.
    Hi there, no that is neither distemper or parvo so don't worry. Is your baby yellow? Sorry I don't know. Although it could be an allergy it can also be caused from tear duct inflammation. Something else you can look for yourself, is the bottom or top eye lid turned either in or out? This is called Ectropion (turning out of eye lid) or Entropion (turning in of eye lid). There are numerous things it could be from. Sometimes when it comes to the eyes a vet will refer you to a canine Ophthalmologist. These are the vets that specialize in the eyes and do all the CERFs for breeders etc.... One suggestion, if he is irritated or becomes irritated or if you check his eyes and you happen to find the turning in or out of the eye lids, do not wait until next Wed. Also, IF you see the turning in or out, that is automaticall an Opthalmologist appointment and it would be prudent in that case to have your vet refer you directly to one and make an appointment. General Practise vets do not usually work with En or Ec tropion. But again, not distemper or parvo or anything like that.

Danika & Eva

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

SiTheMutt is offline Senior Member

His eyelids look totally normal so I don't think he has either of those conditions. I think it must be allergies to something. It has gone away the last few days and then only one of them started tearing up yesterday. I guess we'll find out on wednesday. Thank you for the replies.
    "I haven't the slightest idea on how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out." - David Sedaris

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West

"If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered" -EAP