whoops....

Thread: whoops....

Erendui is offline Senior Member

Unhappywhoops....

So last night I left the boyfriend to put Bilbo in his crate, whilst I went upstairs to brush my teeth. Whilst I was brushing my teeth, bf came upstairs and I kind of mimed something that was supposed to mean "did you pull the crate away from the sofa?". Ian nodded, and I trusted he had understood my mime. Bilbo woke at 6 and I sent my bf down to take him out to the garden, as I haven't had the best night's sleep for the past week due to a bad cough and cold, so feel exhausted. When I came down at 8am, I saw that the crate was not pulled away for the sofa, and now there was a row of small ripped holes in the sofa... wouldn't mind so much but this is my mum's house and it's her sofa! AND she's coming round this evening. Will post pictures after breakfast to ask for sewing tips. For now, I have moved the cushion to the other sofa and placed a blanket over it.

This is the third time Bilbo has pulled things in and/or damaged things through his crate... first time we didn't know he could, second time was my fault and I had assumed (considering it is about 2 days since the last time he did it, and we had a big conversation yesterday about how we were going to fix the one hole in the sofa) that my bf, who has a master's in Theoretical physics, would have remembered to pull the crate away from the sofa! Oh well, it is as much my fault for mining rather than actually forming the words for "did you pull the crate away from the sofa?". Dogs, eh?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

As promised, here's the damage...

Firstly, the damaged cushion:

Secondly, one of the holes... has anyone got any sewing tips? I am hopeless at sewing. I am considering just buying 2 big throws for the sofas, my mum doesn't like the fabric pattern any more anyway.

Finally, the guilty mutt himself! Look at his face, ha!

Sorry if the pics don't work!

Samson is offline Senior Member

IMO a throw is the way to go !

It would cost a fortune for a professional job and if you are no good at sewing then your efforts would make it worse.

Get the theoretical physicist to buy you a new sofa from DFS ( four years free credit )

After all it was his fault ?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Well yeah it was his fault in a way, but I should have actually asked him if he pulled the crate away from the sofa"... he may be a theoretical physicist on paper but neither of us have jobs yet I'm thinking throw, then when we can afford a new sofa, get my mum a nice new one. Hope she isn't too annoyed tonight :/

smokey is offline Senior Member

I can't leave anything anywhere near Smokey's crate. He has also gotten it open once, and I am hoping that was a freak accident and not his intelligence or I will be in for a huge mess one day.
    Smokey 4/25/2012