Last night, I put Bilbo in his crate and he did the usual whining, barking and digging until we had settled down in our own bed... I set the alarm for 6am for his night toilet. After my alarm went off, I went down to a silent dog, patiently waiting for me to take him out (nothing too unusual there). Took him outside until he did a wee, then brought him inside. As usual he ran away and 'hid' in a curtain, I picked him up and put him in his crate... silence... turned the lamp off... silence... started walking upstairs (usually the very latest time he starts barking)... silence! I thought when I went to the bathroom he would start barking, nope! Then I thought "here goes!" as I flushed the toilet and washed my hands. Still silence! I was thinking *is he ok?!*. Got in bed and had to wake my boyfriend just to say "Aaaah! So exciting, he didn't bark for the first time ever!!!".

Hopefully this will be the start of something beautiful, haha!

I just got him a new, big crate and a comfy big pillow for him to sleep on. Do you think this new upgrade and comfiness helped settle him?