I want to pee where ever I want :(

Thread: I want to pee where ever I want :(

Diwakar is offline Junior Member

DefaultI want to pee where ever I want :(

Hi,

Paris is 11 weeks old and is just adorable. we are starting to train him now on basic obedience like sit, come etc.. we got him when he was 5 weeks old and from then he has learnt to go and poop outside. We open the door for him early mornings and during the day and every time we feed him and he has learnt quickly not to poop inside the house. However this trick does not seem to work for pee. Even if the door is open he would sometime pee inside the house. Or when he is playing outside, sometimes he just comes in to pee and then goes back to playing. Anything I am doing wrong? To add, we always praise him and give him rewards whenever he pee outside..

What can be done?

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

you need to supervise and get the puppy outside to pee. at 11 weeks they have zero control over their bladder. they pee when they need to pee. YOUR job is to get them outside regularly (go out with them) and have them pee.

To do that, you need to supervise. You need to have your eyes on the puppy especially if they have not peed in the lsat 20 minutes. If you cannot supervise the dog need to be in a crate or other area that is either small enough to discourage peeing or if it is bigger, has a place for them to pee.

Accidents must be cleaned with a product that properly neutralized the odour. Vinegar and nature's miracle are examples.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Diwakar is offline Junior Member

thanks Tanya, I have been trying to supervise as much as possible.. I guess I just have to be a little more patient..