Bear- 7months acting up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear- 7months acting up

Bear2012 is offline Junior Member

DefaultBear- 7months acting up

Hi everyone.
    Bear is now 7 months already and has been acting up the last few weeks wanting to still bite everything from couch to coffee table, and not interested in any of his toys hes got a large variety of everything! any suggestions hes been to puppy class and graduated, and basic class n graduated..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

Give him to me. My Bear will teach him some manners.

dogmom is offline Senior Member

How much supervised exercise is Bear getting? And I would strongly encourage continued obedience work. Some Labs behave like immature, rowdy adolescents for years and require a much higher level of activity, obedience and supervision. And crates are your best friend, until he proves he is reliable, if you do not have eyes on him and control, he should be crated.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

he gets tons of exercise in my fenced yard with my 10 month golden, he knows what "no" is and looks at you and still bites the couch hes a little mr attitude boy, and i supervise him quite a bit when I am not home he doesnt get into much just when i am home.

DJsMOM is offline Member

When my good friend with Alfie (8 yr Choc) met my DJ (5m Black), she laughed & said "you think he's naughty now...wait till he's 7 months!". I think there's something about that age but apparently it was a phase!

Oct12_001.jpg

Erendui is offline Senior Member

Is 7 months their "rebellious" phase? I'm dreading it but does he go outside on excercise. I think I'm right in saying 2x walks @ 5 mins per month of their life (maximum). So Bilbo is just over 3 months, so we take him on 2x 15 minute walks a day, as well as playing ball outside in the garden. A couple of times a week, we practice recall out on his walk in the field, so he gets to sprint about 10 meters to me when I call him and gets lots of praise, but I'm scared of straining him... anyway, your lab should be on around 2x half an hour walks a day? (Other owners correct me if I'm wrong?)

he gets plenty of exercise lol walks, dog parks, rumble tumble with my golden whenever they want doggy doors.

Erendui is offline Senior Member

Haha sounds fun! So is it just the rebellious phase? I was hoping it was a myth >_<

Tanya is offline Senior Member

increase training and mental stimulation (get him thinking). If he is indeed getting plenty of exercise like you say then those two are the things that need to be worked on.

NILF. when you give a command you mean it (so make sure to set him up for success). make him work for everything. (NILF - nothing in life is free). Lots of short training sessions during a day.

make him use his brain, that tires out a dog. labs are working dogs thus need to "work" for lack of a better word. training is great for this. you can feed using things like tug-a-jug or kong wobbler to make him work for food. (and think)

a 10 month old golden and a 7 month old lab - wow! that's a lot of work!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erendui View Post
    Haha sounds fun! So is it just the rebellious phase? I was hoping it was a myth >_<
    not a myth! not all dogs go thru this but many do!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast