puppy getting naughty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: puppy getting naughty

raymond's mama is offline Junior Member

Defaultpuppy getting naughty

It's been a week we have puppy lab in our home. The 1st until 5th day he's been good, I teach him potty training. He do his "toilet" on the backyard every time i take him there. But if i am not home, he did it in the bathroom. I also take him walk every morning for 10-15 minutes. But last night when i go outside to open the fence for my husband, he pooped in the dining room. And this morning after walk i feed him, he seemed to lost his appetite. He didn't eat all his food. And when i gave him treat, he just bite it into pieces and left it. When we play ball retrieve, he likes it so much, but in the middle of the game, without warning, he jumped on the couch and pee on it. What happened to my little puppy? Please help...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

first - exercising leads to puppy peeing - you are not paying enough attention to the puppy, it is normal for him to need to pee in the middle of playing, if you choose to play indoors (which is fine) keep that in mind and make sure to get the puppy outside to potty often.

he isn't getting naughty, he's a baby figuring things out. He may feel more comfortable and exploring more which leads to more accidents if humans are not supervising. If you are leaving him alone in a room accidents will happen, bring him wth your or put him in his secure place, especially if he has not pottied in the last few minutes.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

thank you very much for the advise . I will always keep an eye on him. How long he will begin to understand to do "toilet" outside and begins to understand what we teach him to do or not to do?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

How old is this puppy?
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

he is 9 weeks

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

They are often fully trained, I mean able to be trusted for longer periods, by 4 months. By 4 months Sophie would let us know when she had to go. You are expecting way too much from a puppy 9 weeks old. Puppies don't get an early warning before they need to go pee. Their bodies aren't mature enough, so often they can't warn you ahead of time. You need to keep right on the pup, and take him out often. As his body matures and he learns your commands, it will get better. Even then expect accidents. I would be more concerned that he didn't want to eat his food. If this keeps up, see a vet.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

at 9 weeks the puppy doesn't have full control of their bladder. accidents are human error not the dog's fault. they are little babies. praise when they go outside, get them outside often, put them in a safe place where they cannot fail when you are not supervising.

how long depends on how good you are at supervising and on the puppy itself. they are living creatures and are not all the same, some learn faster than others.

Thank you for you advice, Tanya. Now i take him out to do "toilet" every 1 hour, sometimes he pee but sometimes not, but i always take him out to do it in every one hour. And sometimes accidents still happened. About he didn't want to eat, i went to see vet the evening he still didn't want to eat or drink and when he pooped, it contained blood. I couldn't wait for anymore longer and and the vet diagnosed him for farvo. But thank God and the vet, he can survive. After 2 days in critical moment, he finally get well. Now his appetite is back like it was before. I hope my baby boy will grow up, be a good boy and have a long life.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Glad you got him to the vet so quickly! You saved his life. Parvo is extremely deadly. Its important to keep a young puppy away from areas where other dogs frequent until you have all vaccinations in them.

Update us as to his progress when you can.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

do tell the "breeder" or wherever you got this dog as the rest of the litter is probably affected by parvo as well. good for you for getting the pup into the vet so fast, you saved their life with your quick action.

Do not let any puppy on your property or where your puppy has been as it is now contaminated by parvo (your puppy will be safe as they now have higher immune to it given they have had it). it can live in the ground for years. clean clean clean, cleaning after parvo is a huge job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast