Setback or Not?

Thread: Setback or Not?

Fcal124 is offline Junior Member

DefaultSetback or Not?

Have had my 14wk Lucy for 3 weeks now. This morning while I was cleaning up, she had an accident (pee) in the kitchen. She hasn't gone in the house for 10 days now, and only 4 in 3 weeks. Is this a setback, or was it just because I wasn't paying attention to her and didn't see any signals? She also had that look on her face that she knew she did wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MnMsMom9902 is offline Senior Member

Miko did not have many accidents in the house, but she wasn't reliable until after she was 4 months old. A few days after she was spayed (at 6 months), she did have one more accident inside the house.

Miko (April 6, 2009), CGC

Hectorc is offline Junior Member

I think it was only an accident, what I did with my scooby was to let him get some water and right afetr put him in his create for 15min then take him out for pee and no accidents at all, that way he learned to pee only outside, but accidents will happen so don't worry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

After you clean up the pee spot, be sure to go over it with either "Nature's Miracle" or OTC Hydrogen Peroxide (3%) to kill any odor suggesting this is a good spot to pee near.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Fcal124 is offline Junior Member

Thanks. Have Nature's Miracle and already did that.

Canula2000 is offline Senior Member

puppies have small bladders. I wouldn't get worried about one accident. I don't consider a dog potty trained until at least 8 months old. And I don't trust my own dogs inside alone in my house without having accidents until they are over a year old. Dogs just don't mature that quickly. IMO.

"Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"
    - Anonymous