Molly's more back than front

Thread: Molly's more back than front

Barbara1 is offline Member

DefaultMolly's more back than front

Well, this morning Molly peed twice in the front yard but no poop! 5:00 am found me out there, in my jammies (luckily they look like sweats!!), ball hat on, no flashlight as the street lights were plenty bright, throwing the ball for my pup trying to stimulate those ole bowels - 15 minutes into this she was still cowering from the several early cars going by...so down the driveway we sped....right to her spot in the darkest, most spidery, mosquito infested, ivy covered back yard corner - and boy she couldn't squat fast enough!!!! So I guess this is going to take some time, right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

When was the last time she pooped?

Tanya is offline Senior Member

lots of different issues in yours posts that need to be handled.

when is her last poop of the evening, and when is her last feeding? What happens if you DO NOT give her the chance to poop at 5am? Will she go in the house?

Is 5am when you get up or do you go back to bed after this outing?

What I personally would do: move the evening feeding to a little earlier, get her to poop sometime before bed (even an hour or two befre). then at 5am just do the pee and then crate her until it is time to get up. then get her to go poop at that time.

during the day I would work on decentizing her to sounds and noises. you have to address this, as well as her overall confidence. a pheremone collar or thunder shirt are for situational fears (during a thunder storm, for severa SA when you leave the house) not for general fear, they can't be wearing it every time they go outside or for a walk.

ETA: When I answered your other post about pooping (and palying with her) I thought this was when you woke up and took her out (like before goign to work). not that it was the middle of hte night wake up to go pee.
    Last edited by Tanya; 08-25-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. I know there was a lot in there!!! Here's the deal. We feed her at 6pm. She always poops and pees before bedtime at 10. She sleeps all night until 5 or 5:30. We all get up then. I take her right out and she pees. She has always pooped too, except it takes her about 10 to 15 minutes to get to the poop. I don't want to bring her back in because I know she's going to go soon and I don't want her to have an accident in the house 10 minutes after we get back in because that will just set up bad things.

Once we get back into the house we don't go back to bed we all stay up. One really good thing happened this morning though around 9:00. She barked at the back door and DH took her out and she peed! Then about 30 minutes later she barked again and he took her out and she ran to her spot and pooped! She has learned that so quick.

I guess it's just that first thing in the morning poop - and it's more ME MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEM ME!!!!! because it's so early!! I'll settle down I know......thanks for all the support.

If she poops before bed, I wouldn't necessarily expect another poop in the morning until about 60-90min after she has breakfast.

yeah, that makes sense but she's gone before that so far. I think I'll just relax about the whole thing and let her set the pace. I do sort of over analyze things!! Control freak? Who me?

Maintain the same routine & she will start to realize those are the times for pooping