Limo ate about 1-2 ft of a leash!

Thread: Limo ate about 1-2 ft of a leash!

mosmama is offline Senior Member

AngryLimo ate about 1-2 ft of a leash!

My mom and I took our labs running last Sunday. They were in the back of my dad's truck (with a cap). When they were done running, my mom left her labs leash on (an old knotted up orange nylon line- both of us not thinking anything about it). When we went to get them out of the truck, my mom grabbed only half of the leash. The rest was GONE!!! No remnants any where!!!! It was all in Limo's stomach!!!! He acted fine, still played and ate well. I called my vet Tuesday and they suggested giving him a slice of bread with mineral oil on it. I probably shouldn't of waited that long to call them. Well, he threw up Wed a.m. at 4:30 and a couple pieces of the leash appeared (thank goodness). Since then some have appeared in his stool and he vomited again at 1:30 a.m. and more came out. So far, so good. It's coming out both ends!!! WHY do they eat things they're not supposed to??? Like I said in another post, I pray he gets over this stage of eating stuff he's not supposed to or else he'll never be out of his crate!
    Mo
    May 17, 1998 - May 20, 2009

The Love of My Life
    Rest in peace my Sweet Chocolate
    I Love You and Miss You so much

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

LIMO

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

why mine is on a chain leash when we go in the car. I have 3-4 leashes in the drawer in need of repair as they are partially severed. Need to find a shoemaker - they seem to be extinct in my part of NJ.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Raisanna is offline Junior Member

my lab chewed her leashes up too. I finally got her a chain one and use it for both of my dogs. I have this coupler thing so i can hook them up to one leash at the same time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Tammy, Buddy ate an entire 6' leather leash, leaving only the brass clip. He has gotten a bit better, but will still destroy and eat stuffed animals if left alone with them.

Champ will dig in any trash can he can find and devour all paper/cardboard/tissue, even the ends off Q-Tips. Even when scolded and given a 'time-out,' he will immediately go back to the same trash can, it's like he can't help himself.

They will probably always be crated when left for more than an hour.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

mosmama is offline Senior Member

Well, I sure hope Limo learns and grows beyond this stage. I know you're not supposed to compare dogs, but Mo never did any of the things Limo is doing, so that is why I have so many questions. I never had to deal with these bad behaviors or normal behaviors Mo Man was just unique and perfect, in my eyes
    Mo
    May 17, 1998 - May 20, 2009

The Love of My Life
    Rest in peace my Sweet Chocolate
    I Love You and Miss You so much

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

LIMO

Samson is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mosmama View Post
    Well, I sure hope Limo learns and grows beyond this stage. I know you're not supposed to compare dogs, but Mo never did any of the things Limo is doing, so that is why I have so many questions. I never had to deal with these bad behaviors or normal behaviors Mo Man was just unique and perfect, in my eyes
    I too had nearly perfect Lab followed by a not so perfect Lab and now have another nearly perfect Lab !

It's the luck of the draw !

Maybe perfect isn't the right word unless you are talking about the dog and not his behaviour ! If that's the case then all Labs are perfect.