Grover's Progress

Thread: Grover's Progress

MrGame is offline Junior Member

Thumbs upGrover's Progress

I was having issues with my puppy, Grover. I love the little (now pretty big) guy to death, and I was at a loss for what to do because he was driving me insane. I took him to puppy class at the local petsmart, and it didn't seem to help. I've tried giving him ample exercise, and that didn't help. Then I enrolled him in intermediate canine class at Petco last week, and in a week I can tell you working with this trainer has made a WORLD of difference. He comes when I call him, he doesn't chew as much, and he's almost stopped barking entirely. The difference is mental exercise. The trainer instructed us to have several Kongs stuffed and ready to go, and when we have to leave him in his crate, put that in there with him with no other toys. That, in addition to daily trips to the dog park and morning walks have finally satisfied his need for activity. He watches TV with me, he sleeps by me, and he's incredibly cooperative with everything. The point of me sharing this is that you guys who are having trouble with your rambunctious lab puppies, don't give up. Puppy classes are a godsend, and if that doesn't work for you try mental and physical exercise. I have more fun with my dog now than I ever have, it's truly a miracle

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Glad you solved it.

Thanks for posting what worked for you, it will help others -- although every Lab is somewhat different.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

lisa is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the words of encouragement