Just had accident in crate

Thread: Just had accident in crate

matiekorgan is offline Senior Member

DefaultJust had accident in crate

I was bathing my son and I heard Harper bark from inside his crate (he was in the dining room, only 1 room away from me). He must have woken up from his nap and needed to go. So I got my son out of the bath and then as I'm walking toward the crate I hear him go pee. My husband was late home from work tonight, usually he's here when our son is having a bath.

Now I don't know if it's a big set back or not. We cleaned out the crate with P*ss Off which we had for our cats, and I took Harper outside anyway and praised him and praised him - he tried 3 times to go outside! It was pretty cute, actually.

So, it was ALLLLL my fault, I'm 100% to blame, he'd had a big nap and had woken up and I didn't take him out in time - so besides me being (much) more vigilant, is there anything I can do with Harper to stop it happening again?
    Katie & Harper
    Soccorullus Corey Boy, our "Harper" 31.08.09

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

just continue to be vigilant. It's not a huge set back, he warned you he had to go and tried to go outside so he's getting the idea. As long as there are no odours leftover from the accident and you continue to take him out every half hour or so you will be fine

he sounds like SUCH a good boy!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

matiekorgan is offline Senior Member

Thanks, Sarah. So reassuring to hear that. I have really beat myself up about it, too.

He really is a good boy, you're right. He told me what he wanted. And if we're playing outside he takes himself off to the right area to go wees, so he is developing that preference.

I'm sure I'll feel better about it tomorrow, but right now I feel like a big dork. And we have to go to playgroup tomorrow!
    Katie & Harper
    Soccorullus Corey Boy, our "Harper" 31.08.09

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

don't be hard on yourself. He sounds just like Milly at that age and she only had 2 accidents indoors and that was for the exact same reason as this one for you... I was too late in taking her out and they were all my fault .. and she only has had 2 accidents ever! And never a number 2. They are lots smarter than we think and he'll be right as rain!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia