Just Labradors banner

Wagatha's bedtime bisquits

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Diesel_Dawg 
#1 ·
Since I mentioned these in a different post I thought I'd follow up with some research and maybe some reasons why they are making Spike drowsy. As I'm reading some stuff it might just be that his growing/teething pains are being soothed enough by the ingredients that he can relax - he's growing so fast...any way this is what I found (link with a small excerpt...)

Ingredients: Human Grade Certified Organic Ingredients: Whole oat flour, Whole barley flour, Dark rye flour, Canola oil, Cracked flax seed, Brown rice flour, Whole eggs, Lentils, Carrots, Apple cider vinegar, Chamomile, Ginger, Decaffeinated green tea, Rosemary, Turmeric, Thyme, Rosemary oil

Ginger: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/health/18really.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss Ginger’s ability to calm an upset stomach is well known. But more recently, scientists have wondered whether its soothing effects might extend to sore muscles.

Ginger, a member of the same plant family as turmeric, contains anti-inflammatory compounds and volatile oils — gingerols — that show analgesic and sedative effects in animal studies. So last year a team of researchers looked at whether ginger might do the same in humans.

Decaffeinated green tea: The Benefits of Green Tea for Dogs | eHow.com Just like for humans, green tea is an immune booster for dogs. Despite its health benefits, you still have to be careful not to give your dog too much green tea because it could negatively affect his digestive system. It is also possible for your dog to die of an overdose of green tea.

Chamomile: Benefits of Chamomile tea for dogs - by Teris - Helium Chamomile has a myriad of health benefits such as it can improve digestion, and help your dog to sleep better.

Apple Cider Vinegar (I was curious about this :) ): Apple Cider Vinegar for Dogs | Benefits of ACV There are numerous health benefits of ACV for dogs (listed)...wow - would have never thought it was that good for you...

Anyway I learned something, alot actually, and hope this was helpful if you were curious about the ingredients!

See less See more
#2 ·
Cool :) I'm glad you looked into it further for the ingredients that some were questioning. Considering their therapeutic uses in us, it is not all that surprising it does the same for pups. The only thing I would be cautious of is the Green Tea extract. How many are you giving Spike? Keep in mind he is still growing... too much of a "good" thing can be detrimental to his development.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.