need a starter bed

Thread: need a starter bed

Bailey's Mom is offline Senior Member

Defaultneed a starter bed

I'm looking to get a starter bed for Bailey for when she is out in the living room with us. What are some good brands that are reasonable in price for a growing puppy? Thanks!

BAILEY 10/1/10

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

My question is how do you get them to STAY in it

Laceezmom is offline Senior Member

I picked up a couple of small dog beds at Marshall's for about $14 each. They had nice colors so they look good with my decor. They are for smaller dags but work well for a growing puppy. My son's giant - height wise - Irish Setter can curl himself into a tiny ball just so he can use the bed.

Just wanted to add that latley our Marshall's has had great dog toys.
    Last edited by Laceezmom; 01-13-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: additional info

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

If you can shop at Costco, they usually have nice beds.

lisa is offline Senior Member

Overstock had some nice dog beds...you could also check your local petco or petsmart.

Spike's Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey's Mom View Post
    I'm looking to get a starter bed for Bailey for when she is out in the living room with us. What are some good brands that are reasonable in price for a growing puppy? Thanks!
    I would just go for a forever bed. They're not priced too bad. We got one from LL Bean about 10 years ago (an over sized one for the pug) and it had been slept on almost every night as well as Spike giving it the treatment so far. He'll sleep on it now and then but he is mainly trying to conquer it It's in really good shape still. Check with them if you decide to go that route but the one we have has a removable cover for washing and a waterproof liner covering the foam - pee just wiped clean (joy!) Not sure if they're still made the same way - Here is an example... Premium Fleece-Top Dog Bed Set, Rectangular: Dog Bed Sets at L.L.Bean
    Last edited by Spike's Mom; 01-13-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Nancy

Mom to Spike & Tiller

Bailey's Mom is offline Senior Member

Well before we got Bailey we had planned on getting her a dog bed from. Llbean that exact one, x large rectangular orthopedic bed. I asked Chris if we should just get it right away and he said no way was he spending 200 for her to chew it. He wants her to have a starter bed and prove she can earn a nice bed first. So I need to find the starter bed first ha, because Chris is right, she does chew anything. I will try Marshalls or especially for pets because we don't have.a Costco.

BAILEY 10/1/10

mandaz000 is offline Senior Member

Aspen has a $20 bed from petsmart. It was on sale and it's a large bed. She loves it and sleeps in it every night. It's probably the only thing she hasn't tried to destroy.

Amanda

HeySquirt is offline Senior Member

I got Emmett a bed from Parisan on Black Friday for $10 With that same thought I'm not spending a ton on a bed he could destroy.
    Reckless has a home made fleece tie bed that grandma made him and he loves it (well they both do) it's like a stuffed tie blanket, washes great wears really good and chewing doesn't seem to hurt it much.

lab fan is offline Senior Member

We bought Lucy her own bed (although she does share Tilly's as well), and so far she hasn't destroyed it!! (of course she isn't old enough to be left unattended)