Need a break?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a break?

Spike's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultNeed a break?

Ok - don't judge!! I found these dog biscuits for occasional use only (in our case maybe once a week if that much) - they knock Spike right out. Bedtime Biscuits - Biscuits I prefer to use them in the morning if he won't settle down and I don't want to confine him to his crate. I get work done, he catches up on his zzzz's and we're all happier (except the cat) when he wakes up

Nancy

Mom to Spike & Tiller

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ScorpianAbarth is offline Senior Member

I don't think you can say 'don't judge' when posting something like that. You're effectively drugging your dog because you can't handle him. Yes, a puppy is tough, but thats what you signed up for. I'm actually horrified

Just noticed he's only 3 months...god help you (him) when he's even more demanding/older

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

You are out of your fucking mind. Please don't ever have children if this is how you manage your poor puppy's behavior.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lisa is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike's Mom View Post
    Ok - don't judge!! I found these dog biscuits for occasional use only (in our case maybe once a week if that much) - they knock Spike right out. Bedtime Biscuits - Biscuits I prefer to use them in the morning if he won't settle down and I don't want to confine him to his crate. I get work done, he catches up on his zzzz's and we're all happier (except the cat) when he wakes up
    Do they really put him to sleep??? Have you ever tired a frozen kong, they keep my daughters dog busy for quite a while. She puts wet food, yogurt, baby food with treats mixed in and freezes overnight...they really work.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

I'm so shocked and angered by this. You have had all of these problems with his digestive tract - constant diarreaha, not gaining weight, all those food changes - and you go and drug him with some ridiculous "bisquit" the contents of which are WHAT? You should not have care of an animal.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Jan
    Jan is offline Senior Member

I don't see why they'd knock him out -- the ingredients seem fairly harmless (everyone, correct me if I'm wrong!) But I think a stuffed kong is a better idea, and having a tired dog at bedtime is what you should aim for.

Edited to add ingredients:
    Human Grade Certified Organic Ingredients: Whole oat flour, Whole barley flour, Dark rye flour, Canola oil, Cracked flax seed, Brown rice flour, Whole eggs, Lentils, Carrots, Apple cider vinegar, Chamomile, Ginger, Decaffeinated green tea, Rosemary, Turmeric, Thyme, Rosemary oil

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein - min: 10.39%: Crude Fat - min: 10.54%: Crude Fiber - max: 2.31%: Moisture - max: 7.11% Ash - max: 1.98%

OMG the "don't judge" wasn't meant to open the door to judgement - that's why I put the link - but here I will tell you what is in them since you you don't know how to click thru - Human Grade Certified Organic Ingredients: Whole oat flour, Whole barley flour, Dark rye flour, Canola oil, Cracked flax seed, Brown rice flour, Whole eggs, Lentils, Carrots, Apple cider vinegar, Chamomile, Ginger, Decaffeinated green tea, Rosemary, Turmeric, Thyme, Rosemary oil -- holy shit. Constant food changes? I added a teaspoon of puppy Wellness to his dry food. Digestive tract problems? Not gaining weight? He's surpassed his sister in weight and he was the runt. And yes his weight was ok'd by the vet.

Nancy

Mom to Spike & Tiller

hark67 is offline Senior Member

OMG! You guys...using the f work....give me a break! You guys need to be drugged! LOL. Calm down..These are all natural Wagatha's biscuits. Did you not even bother to look at the link he/she provided. Why can't people be civil?? Oh...that's right...this is a public forum so it is OK to act like that.

How about a constructive post about what exactly is not good about the ingredients in this biscuit. Please do it quickly before I order! LOL.

And...Do you truly believe that this biscuit is what is making this puppy sleep? The power of suggestion is a strong thing.

I buy the breakfast biscuits in 10lb bulk boxes for Guthrie because he LOVES them...there is a picture of Guthrie on their facebook page announcing how much he likes them!. I've never gotten the bedtime biscuits.

To the original poster....I like this company and their products but if it is true that your pup has been having GI issues it would make sense to keep things simple so as not to upset his tummy.If you need some quiet time it would be far better to occupy his mind or his mouth with something...Lisa had an excellent suggestion for that...a frozen Kong is the way to go.
    Last edited by hark67; 01-12-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hark67 View Post
    OMG! You guys...using the f work....give me a break! You guys need to be drugged! LOL. Calm down..These are all natural Wagatha's biscuits. Did you not even bother to look at the link he/she provided. Why can't people be civil?? Oh...that's right...this is a public forum so it is OK to act like that.

How about a constructive post about what exactly is not good about the ingredients in this biscuit. Please do it quickly before I order! LOL.

And...Do you truly believe that this biscuit is what is making this puppy sleep? The power of suggestion is a strong thing.

I buy the breakfast biscuits in 10lb bulk boxes for Guthrie because he LOVES them...there is a picture of Guthrie on their facebook page announcing how much he likes them!. I've never gotten the bedtime biscuits.

To the original poster....I like this company and their products but if it is true that your pup has been having GI issues it would make sense to keep things simple so as not to upset his tummy.If you need some quiet time it would be far better to occupy his mind or his mouth with something...Lisa had an excellent suggestion for that...a frozen Kong is the way to go.
    He settles down right after he has it - happened 2 x so I'm assuming it's something to do with the biscuit but I haven't just given it to him out of the blue. Each time he was fighting sleep. And never at nighttime.

I don't know why all these digestive issues are being claimed. He's a puppy - there are some things that are just too strong for him but those are treats and are trial and error. I added a teaspoon of wellness puppy to his dry and he loves it. That seemed to ruffle feathers too. :::shrug:::

Nancy

Mom to Spike & Tiller

mandaz000 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike's Mom View Post
    I don't know why all these digestive issues are being claimed. He's a puppy - there are some things that are just too strong for him but those are treats and are trial and error. I added a teaspoon of wellness puppy to his dry and he loves it. That seemed to ruffle feathers too. :::shrug:::
    I think there is another fairly new person who's puppy is having a lot of digestive issues...? I'm not sure. Maybe there is a mix up??? I'm guessing if he is fighting sleep and you put him in his crate and give him something to chew on (the biscuit) then that is what is making him pass out, not the biscuit itself. That would be my guess anyway!

Amanda

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast