distractions, distractions!

Thread: distractions, distractions!

Bailey's Mom is offline Senior Member

Unhappydistractions, distractions!

Now that Bailey is getting older and discovering the world she is getting a lot more distracted outside. Regardless of where we go to potty, she will find something to put in her mouth and not go. I have to constantly take stuff out of her mouth and tell her to go potty. We will be out for 15 minutes with her just finding stuff to play with instead of concentrating on pottying. I try and find clear patches of snow/grass to go, but we are limited since we live in an apartment complex.... any suggestions?

BAILEY 10/1/10

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Laceezmom is offline Senior Member

You want to be sure not to head back inside right away as soon as she goes. She will quickly learn that play time is over as soon as she goes potty. Give her a treat when she does go, especially if it is right away.

Yeah we let her play after she goes, but she isn't going (

BAILEY 10/1/10

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Spike's Mom is offline Senior Member

Is that poop or pee or both? If it's poop I noticed with Spike that he's going less. He is peeing alot tho - which is kind of odd considering how much he holds at night - it might also be a guy thing. Maybe she is just regulating herself and doesn't have to go as much? Do you have a bench or step where you can hang out while she is dawdling? She is on a leash, right? Can you see if it is ok with the complex if you put a removable pen there until the spring?

Nancy

Mom to Spike & Tiller

Quote Originally Posted by Spike's Mom View Post
    Is that poop or pee or both? If it's poop I noticed with Spike that he's going less. He is peeing alot tho - which is kind of odd considering how much he holds at night - it might also be a guy thing. Maybe she is just regulating herself and doesn't have to go as much? Do you have a bench or step where you can hang out while she is dawdling? She is on a leash, right? Can you see if it is ok with the complex if you put a removable pen there until the spring?
    Recently she was SO good about letting us know when she needed to go out and then as soon as we let her out she would do her business. Now, she barks whenever and if we take her out she doesnt go, and then she ends up going in the house soon after we've taken her inside. The only place I can go to hang out is the steps, but thats far away from where she does her business. At this point I'm really stuck with what to do. I just hope puppy kingergarten can give us some guidance on Saturday because right now I'm totally lost! I'm going to try and take her to a whole different place wehre there is not as much sticks, and trash that gets thrown by the wind and hopefully she will go more because she is less distracted. If this doesn't work I really don't know!

BAILEY 10/1/10

Mostly pee, if she has to poop she will go or hold it until the next time she goes out, but with the pee she will pee inside right after we took her out, so frustrating!

BAILEY 10/1/10

Spike's Mom is offline Senior Member

OMG Spike must have been conceived a week after Bailey. He is starting to refuse to pee. He hasn't gone since about 1:00 and took a nap. And he just stares at me like I have 3 heads. Pissing me off Yeah - he finally went - I don't think he was expecting the cheering he got
    Last edited by Spike's Mom; 01-08-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Nancy

Mom to Spike & Tiller

hahah thats great! Glad he finally went!

BAILEY 10/1/10