Climbing into bed at night..

Thread: Climbing into bed at night..

GizmosMommy is offline Junior Member

DefaultClimbing into bed at night..

Gizmo is going to be 11 months old this week (ah, how time flies).

He has his own bed which we keep next to our bed in our bedroom. He likes to be as close to me as possible at all times so when we tried the bed in the other room or when we tried putting the bed in the crate which is in the other room, he cries and barks all night. And he wouldn't let up either, I tried it more than once and he just went all night.

So he will start out sleeping in his own bed...he has a little routine where at bedtime, he goes to the laundry basket and picks out some of our dirty clothes to take into bed with him. Then he curls up and goes to sleep.

However, at some point in the night he ends up in bed with us. I don't know if he waits for us to fall asleep and then climbs in bed or if he just randomly wakes up in the middle of the night and hops in? Either way, I don't know how to make it stop. The idea is kind of cute because he's like a little kid, but it's not easy sleeping with him in bed since he takes over. lol He is 87lbs and a big boy now, so even though he is a puppy in age, his body is that of a dog! haha Any suggestions?

Someone told me he could be doing it because he likes the warmth...but he sleeps right next to the heater and he is covered in clothes. lol
    <3 Gizmo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

dont ask me, all three of mine sleep in my bed with me !!!
    Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3

Samson is offline Senior Member

Yep - I have my two on the bed too and we do sometimes struggle to gt our own patch !

If it really bothers you then crate him next to your bed until he knows that the crate is HIS bed !!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Toby is 7mths and sleeps in his crate...I have no clue when to let that dog sleep where he wants....if ever

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Two potential solutions.

(1) King Size Bed
    - if you already have it.
    (2) Learn to adjust.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

haha! I was whining a few months ago that Diesel wouldn't stay in bed with me! Now he does & I could not be happier!! I just think it is super cute when pups sleep in bed with you so I don't think I can offer any assistance to discourage this behaviour, sorry!!!

GizmosMommy is offline Junior Member

Yes, we have a king sized bed. In fact, we kind of suspected he would somehow end up in bed with us so about 2 weeks after we got him we upgraded to a king sized bed. lol At 8 weeks old, looking at the size of his puppy paws, we kind of had a feeling he was going to be a big boy!

What makes it even funnier is that if I get out of bed and go into the spare room to sleep in that bed (which is only a twin/full size) he gets up and comes with me. He's mommys baby!!! lol

He sleeps later when he sleeps with us so I guess I should look at the positive! haha Thanks everyone.
    <3 Gizmo