Upset stomach/diarrhea

Thread: Upset stomach/diarrhea

Cherry is offline Junior Member

DefaultUpset stomach/diarrhea

We're still unsure about how much to feed Cherry. So yesterday after looking at the suggestions on the food box, I gave her more food than normal. As a result of that, she's got watery poops. Almost like spray. So is there any home cure for this? I will absolutely cut back on her food intake all day tomorrow and if it doesn't get better then I will take her to the vet.

Luckily besides the diarrhea, she's absolutely fine - full of energy as always and very playful as always. Thankfully the poop too is normal brown color with no visible blood or mucus. So I'm sure this upset stomach is nothing too serious.

Any advice will be appreciated.

She is exactly four months today.
    Last edited by Cherry; 11-29-2010 at 05:44 AM.
    Puppy details:

Female Black Labrador Cross adopted from rescue shelter.
    Date of birth: 30th July 2010

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

too much food can do that (diarhea) so it may just be that. The bags usually indicate to feed too much (of course this will depend on the dog's system and exercise). If her weight is good I would not play with quantity of food.

Is this the food the breeder recommended? Did you ask them why they chose this food? Are there reasons you would want to change? (is the food not working for her?)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Cherry is offline Junior Member

She's a lot better now. We did change her feed to what the SPCA were feeding her but we did so slowly and she is used to the new feed now. I'm fairly confident that the upset stomach was caused by my overfeeding.
    Puppy details:

Female Black Labrador Cross adopted from rescue shelter.
    Date of birth: 30th July 2010

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

some dogs have more sensitive stomachs as well. I know when I first got Rocky (adopted him when he was 18mts) any change in food routine would have negative concequences coming out Too much food, too many treats, too many varietie's of treats, you name it. I had to be careful.

However, with time he's stabilized. He can now eat a variety of treats and foods with no problem. But it took many years.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky