Whining - PLEASE HELP

Thread: Whining - PLEASE HELP

mosmama is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhining - PLEASE HELP

Limo will be 7 mo next week. I acquired him at 13 wks, so before that he was always around all the other dogs at the breeders. Anytime my mom and I get together with our labs to run them, everything is good. He's excited to see my mom's lab, which I believe a little whining is excitement. But, when we walk them together, but separate leashes, he will non-stop whine! I don't understand it and I need to know how to fix it

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm at my wits end
    Mo
    May 17, 1998 - May 20, 2009

The Love of My Life
    Rest in peace my Sweet Chocolate
    I Love You and Miss You so much

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

LIMO

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

No one has any ideas??
    Mo

The Love of My Life

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

LIMO

Merlin is offline Junior Member

The whining sounds like excitement to me. I will offer my thoughts, only as no one more expert than me has offered ideas yet.

I would, if it was my dog, start by correcting the behaviour by a "no" and a leash correction when she whines.
    Then my next step if that didnt work would be to take her away from what is exciting her-the other dog? So her whining means she doesnt get to play with the other dog. And only being quiet will get her what she wants. That I can imagine will take a long time, as I can see her whining more when she gets taken away, so patience would be the key!

lots of good luck

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for your reply. I believe it is excitement. It is subsiding a bit. He wants everything his way and HE CAN'T HAVE IT THAT WAY! Hopefully, with my ignoring him or taking him away from what is so exciting, he will out grow it....I pray!!!!
    Mo

The Love of My Life

LIMO