Stormy-14 weeks

Thread: Stormy-14 weeks

S-Dog's Mom is offline Member

DefaultStormy-14 weeks

Well, second round of shots at the Vet. Poor little boy was POOPED by the time we got home!
    The small crate that I bought just a few weeks ago is almost too small for him. Right now, It's perfect for riding in the truck.
    He weighs almost 23 pounds, I've been feeding him 3X a day-- a full cup of food at each feeding. He still looks VERY thin (I guess I'm just used to puppy pudge that Storm just has never gotten).
    The vet says that I could actually go as much as 1.5 cups a day--that's more than I'm feeding my adults right now, but I suppose he's burning it as fast as he can consume it.
    When I told the vet what I was feeding my adults, he said that I could actually DECREASE their amounts.... hmmm... maybe for the older guy, but my Golden burns ALL of what he eats..there isn't any fat on him!
    This little guy has been SUCH a joy. Very easy to train, sleeps very well, even Shadow, our older lab, who doesn't care for other dogs very much is VERY tolderant of him. (I even have a picture of Stormy cuddled up with him in a patch of sunlight on the floor). It was the cutest thing I have ever seen!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

Would love the see that picture of Stormy and Shadow cuddling together!

Tanya is offline Senior Member

1.5 cups total a day? measured cups? that seems like very little.

amount of food should relate to health of the dog (weight and overall health) so if your older dogs are at a good weight I would be wary to decrease amount. But still, my adult gets 3 cups of grain free and even smaller dogs I have dog sat ate 2 cups, I can't imagine a young lab pup eating only 1.5 cups! but again, go by weight and health of the dog, not what the right number of cups is!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hauts is offline Member

I feed my 6 year old 3 cups of grain free a day and if she gets a lot of exercise (depending on how much) I give her 4 - 5 cups a day. My 28 lbs. pup gets 3 cups a day and she seems to have maintained a good weight. I was feeding her according to the recommendation of the bag and the vet said I could feed her a little more because she was a little too thin. I upped it from 2 cups a day to 3. That is Wellness Super5 Mix for large breed puppy. It has some grains, but what little it does are quality. I don't like to feed all protein to a growing puppy.

banoel is offline Senior Member

I think Stormy's mom meant 1.5 cups 3X day. That is what I am feeding Miles right now - a total of 4.5 cups a day and he is 14 weeks old now. I feed my 3 y/o 4 cups a day.
    - Never trust a dog to guard your food -

Beck's Frequent Flyer (Miles) 1/26/10
    Beck's Keepin' It Simple, JH (Simon) 4/25/07
    Noel's Duncan Delight, CDX (Duncan) 1/28/97 - 10/30/08 (Miss you big guy)

S-Dog's Mom is offline Member

yes. 1.5 cups 3 times a day...
    Wow... we've got to start working on some MANNERS! Whenever he meets someone new (or someone he knows), oh hell, whenever he SEES someone who gives him ANY attention, it's this huge cry-like-you're-my-long-lost-friend and jump and leap and kiss and nip.........
    sigh.....
    Had him at the ball park last night and WOW....... CRAZY puppy! Time to work the "SIT" command!

myFirstlab is offline Member

mine is 6 months and is exactly like yours, crying like its her long lost mama. lol