What are your dog's favorite toys and treats?

Thread: What are your dog's favorite toys and treats?

Boston is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat are your dog's favorite toys and treats?

Just wondering which kind of toys (brands?) and treats your labs like?? Looking to buy the right kinds instead of wasting money

thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I think Lab favorite toys and treats differ just as much between each Lab as it does with people.

My Puff never destuffs stuffed animals and her favorite toy (resewn many times) is a Teddy Bear.

Her favorite treat? Anything I'm eating. Maybe fresh bananas.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

ksweber is offline Member

Training treats - I make a "dog trail mix" of kibble mixed with whatever interesting/dog-safe stuff is in the kitchen - bits of leftover bacon, stale popcorn, bologna sandwich crusts.

Crate treats (I got a lot of these ideas from JL Forum members, thanks!) - Kongs or marrow bones stuffed and frozen. Stuffed with: canned dog food, moistened/mashed kibble, carrot bits, green beans, ripe banana. I make a mash with whatever's available, and then stuff a bunch of kongs and bones and put in a ziploc in the freezer. In a quick pinch, smear peanut butter or American cheese inside a kong or bone, or "glue" kibble inside kong with banana or peanut butter. Also, something new I've tried, which the pup LOVES - real marrow bones (also called soup bones) from the grocery or butcher. The shorter ones (3-4") are easier than the longer ones. They have a little real meat on them and marrow inside. Freeze first, and give them to dog for about 30-60 mins, then re-freeze until next time. They last a long time that way. When dog has completely cleaned them, stuff as above and keep freezing.

Toys - balls, rope bones, kong toys
    Meet Maisy!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

My almost full grown puppy LOVES his Cuz toys (ball with little feet - bounce funky and squeak) and Kong Wubbas. He also chews every day on his Nylabones.

Stuffed animals live less long than the average fruit fly in my house so I just don't get them anymore. We have had some longevity and great play value from mydogtoy company stuff. The make a boomerang that is a good tug toy, another one that has 2 circles connected togther - also good tug for a person/pup or 2 dogs. They have been here for 6 months at least and are in good shape.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Dio's mama is offline Senior Member

Dio loves his kong stuffed with peanut butter, and he has a stuffless rabbit that has a squeaker on both ends that he goes nuts over. Basically, anything he can eat or that squeaks is good.

LuvRgirl is offline Senior Member

Bella loves her Kong Wubba, worn the first one out already so this weekend we are buying a much larger one for her.
    Her favorite treats are kongs filled with peanut butter and granny smith apples. Also sweet potato strips.