Thread: Karma

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

DefaultKarma

Get rid of the Karma thing. Seriously, I am not asking you. I am TELLING you. This will add untold amounts of drama to an already drama and hurt feeling filled board. I realize threats to leave are rarely taken seriously, but if you don't drop it immediately, I am permanently out. There is no excuse for the addition of this feature. It is potentially hateful and hurtful.

You always do such a great job with this board, and I am so appreciative. What could you possibly been thinking?

I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Karma

Yea, I don't understand it either Daniel? :-\

I just saw someone who's karma said -2. That's not cool.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

how does it work?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I second the suggestion to get rid of it. It's way too high school-ish.

It depends on how you look at it. Lindsay wants to be the Queen of Negatives, so let her. It isn't a big deal to me.

Golfgirlrobin is offline Senior Member

This really doesn't seem like a very good idea. I'm not going to leave over it but it does seem a bit like throwing gas on a fire.

I'm composed of 85% kick-ass and 15% crippling self-doubt.

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

it's gone

deezeldog Guest

Jeez - spend the day doing actual work and I miss the Karma points thing. Bummer!

I think I understand how a 'karma' thing could work, as a counter of how people appreciate a certain persons contribution to the board. How bout having something under their name, as to how long they have been here. Like when your just starting out, it could have something funny related to a puppy (coz they are new) and say "stumbling around", then when they have been here longer, it changes to be a funny saying about naughty teen stage puppy!

You could put it where it says member, coz, of course they are a member, they wouldnt have posted if they weren't.

deezeldog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by merlin
    I think I understand how a 'karma' thing could work, as a counter of how people appreciate a certain persons contribution to the board. How bout having something under their name, as to how long they have been here. Like when your just starting out, it could have something funny related to a puppy (coz they are new) and say "stumbling around", then when they have been here longer, it changes to be a funny saying about naughty teen stage puppy!

You could put it where it says member, coz, of course they are a member, they wouldnt have posted if they weren't.
    I was on another board that did this and I really did not like it. Newness to a board does not indicate newness in dog experience. And conversely, being on a board for a long time and posting like a madman does not make an opinion or advice more correct.