Post Count "status" titles
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Count "status" titles

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultPost Count "status" titles

Ok... I propose we make this interesting and fun instead of "getting rid of it alltogether" (see Lab Chat post about changing the post count status titles of Newbie, jr. member, full member, sn member, hero etc.

How about:
    0-50: Quiet but at least I have a life!

500+: Yakity Yak Yak (no life beyond the JL forum)

Suggestions?
    ~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Post Count "status" titles

Totally agree, better make it a bit more fun!

ChewyCharlie Guest

Love the idea...makes the whole status thing seem less important...for those who really do care about their status :

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

i vote we get rid of the post count status.

Enders mom i love your idea, but im thinking that you can't really personalize (or make it say what you would like it to say) these post count things.

i agree that it isnt fair for the members that have been here since the early days are being called newbies. In definition a newbie is: One that is new to something. Surly those that have been here longest are not new at all. These are the people that give us the best answers to all of our questions and really know what they are talking about. That comfort is great to know and have. I would hate for someone new to come here looking for help and judge people by the status under their name. I've been here for a year now and i still consider myself a newbie. I still ask questions and i still seek help and when i do get answers i greatly appreciate it.

i am newbie hear me roar!

P.S. Thank you everyone that has helped me and answered my questions

I agree with whom ever said "we know the ones to talk to or ask advice not from their post count, but because of their knowledge."

Post counts do not matter or count to the quality of advice people on this board give. Im sure that when the new board came around and everyone was a newbie, they did not lose their knowledge with their post count.

This post will make me 299 (senior member). That status does not make me any smarter/wiser then the newbies or juniors. I do not intend for my post count to reflect my knowledge of labs or anything else. And I hope that it hasnt. I know nothing about labs except...that I love mine and I love hearing about the stories from others on this board.

When I first came here (or to the other board) in Dec '05 I certainly did not check the post count before following/reading someones advice. If I have a question I will certainly listen to anyone.....newbie or hero.

I agree with Rachel. I really should be a "Newbie"...I joined Jan o6 after searching for a site to help with new puppy issues. I browsed for a day or two then joined and started asking questions. I never paid attention to the number of posts...I merely took full advantage of the wealth of knowledge that evryone of you has been nice enough to share with me. I love the stories that are told and am envious of the strong frienships that are readily apparent on this site.
    Thank you all for sharing!!

Actually Daniel can change the post count range names to whatever he wants... I don't *think he can personalize it for each person... but we could come up with some funny titles...

On my Sims2 board the titles were things like

Loquacious Lurker
    Supreme Simmer
    Tongue Tied Tourist

etc.

Just trying to make it fun since people can't handle it the way it is.
    ~Lindsay

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Didn't we, at one point, have something that said
    "Member since (year)"? That might be a good idea. No post count, no status, just the year you joined.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

I agree with Amy ... Member since XXXX
    Let the post counts continue, since some enjoy watching it.
    And you can add to your siggy the number of post counts you moved over here with (if that's important to you).

By all means... put whatever you want in your "personal message"... but the problem is that people don't like being labeled "newbie" for however long it takes for them to get up to 50+ posts so putting your post count in your siggy or under your avatar isn't going to help those who don't like being labeled a newbie.
    ~Lindsay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast