We should have a how you met your lab..

Thread: We should have a how you met your lab..

deidra is offline Senior Member

DefaultWe should have a how you met your lab..

It would be cool to hear everyone's stories on how they met there doggies. It can be a dog,cat,horse or anything. Some stories are really fun to hear Is anyone else on board with this?
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jan
    Jan is offline Senior Member

I was never allowed any pets as a child (except a horse, but he wasn't a house-pet). My first pet ever was a kitten with extra toes who we discovered in a shed at the house we'd just bought - our first house. The mom was feral, but the kitten was very affectionate and became a house cat! I was 23 and adored that little kitty. I remember how he would get his extra claws stuck on everything

deidra is offline Senior Member

I miss having kittens! My "kitten" just turned a year and very feisty! I have had so amny dogs you would have to ask what breed and i would probley have an answer to it! When i lived in the country dogs were dummed out there all the time at our house!
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

Harvey picked us. When we went to the breeders to view the pups, Harvey was the 'confident' male. He was on the back of any other pup that dared to move DH decided that we would have him. Seth was a very timid pup, but as soon as MIL picked him up it was love at first cuddle. Seth has grown up to be a very sensitive but confident lab.

Our Carin (rinnie), she was a rescue, we were walking through the center looking at the dogs, all were howling and barking except for this gentle giant. DH got to the 'cage' first and she walked up to the edge of the 'cage' pressed her head against the wire and let DH stroke her, it was love. Nothing i could do would have changed his mind that she was the dog for us. She was MASSIVE but still a pup (a year old) but she was a great dog and friend. We had her for 15 yrs, wasn't long enough. RIP sweet girl.

Shelly is offline Junior Member

We adopted our german shepherd mix and her virst name was Jera. She had a sister-Mila. (Mila Jera meens something like a gentle, lively girl in slovenian).
    Mila was very gentle and sweet, Jera was lively and noughty. They said they will put Jera to sleep, becouse she didn't like cats or children. But we liked Jera most.
    We took her home and now she loves children and kittens. We trained her in only one month not to be noughty. She turned into the best dog ever.

Charlie was meant to be our dog. We were actually supposed to see Collie pups but the day before we were to see them, I got a bad vibe from the breeder and had to tell the kids it wasn't going to happen. As my daughter and I searched online for other available pups in the breeds were were interested in having, Gina came across a listing from a local lab breeder I had heard of but whose contact information I had trouble finding. The listing was a few weeks old but I took a chance. There were two pups still there, one still available and if we wanted him, we could have him! Of course we all fell in love!! That's how Charlie came to our home!
    Suzanne
    "CharlieLabMom"